We don't have the full details on what this patch does, but we know that 2K said the aim was to bring WWE 2K18 on Switch up to speed with the other versions. Anecdotal evidence from users downloading the patch is that it doesn't seem to do too much. Hopefully we can get more concrete details soon.
Could this be the patch that finally makes WWE 2K18 on Switch somewhat decent? 2K has confirmed that a patch will hit the Switch version of WWE 2K18 this Thursday. The goal for this patch is to bring the game in-line with the updates that other versions of the game have received.
Featuring some of the most demanded WWE Superstars and Hall of Famers, the WWE 2K18 Enduring Icons Pack downloadable content releases today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. This pack marks release of the final downloadable content offerings for WWE 2K18.✝
The Enduring Icons Pack features some of the greatest to ever step foot in the ring. Delete the competition with WWE Superstars Jeff and Matt Hardy; dish out Glam Slams with WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix; and prove that rock ‘n’ roll is here to stay with Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, the newly inducted WWE Hall of Fame members of The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express. The Enduring Icons Pack is included in the WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition, WWE 2K18 Cena (Nuff) Edition, and the WWE 2K18 Season Pass; the Pack is also available for purchase separately for $9.99.
WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content Offerings*
The complete WWE 2K18 downloadable content offerings include the following:
Kurt Angle Pack
Formerly available only as a pre-order bonus;
Includes two playable versions of Kurt Angle (WWE “American Hero” and ECW “Wrestling Machine”);
The Kurt Angle Pack is available now for $4.99.
Cena (Nuff) Pack
Formerly available only in the WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition or Cena (Nuff) Edition;
Includes two playable versions of John Cena (ECW One Night Stand and WrestleMania 26) and playable characters Batista and Rob Van Dam;
The Cena (Nuff) Pack is available now for $7.99.
Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
The Accelerator is available now for $4.99.
Enduring Icons Pack
Playable WWE Superstars: Matt and Jeff Hardy;
Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express;
The Enduring Icons Pack is available now for $9.99.✝
MyPlayer Kick Start
Players will be able to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes via a 50,000 VC starting bonus;
Players will begin with 10 additional Attribute Points for MyPlayer and can boost any Attribute tower by 10 levels or spread the upgrades throughout multiple Attribute towers;
MyPlayer Kick Start is available now for $9.99.
New Moves Pack
Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tye Breaker 2 (made popular by WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by NXT Superstar Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page);
The New Moves Pack is available now for $3.99. ✝
NXT Generation Pack
Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riott;
The NXT Generation Pack is available now for $9.99.✝
About the WWE 2K18 Season Pass
The following downloadable content is bundled in the Season Pass for $29.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases. Players will receive the following items as they become available:
Enduring Icons Pack;
MyPlayer Kick Start;
New Moves Pack;
NXT Generation Pack.
* PlayStation™Network, Xbox Live, or Nintendo account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K18 required to play.
✝ Nintendo Switch DLC release coming at a later date.
While it took a couple of weeks, Patch 7 is now available for NBA 2K18 on Switch. The patch takes up 16GB of space, so it's quite a beefy one, but that is in-line with the patch on other platforms. If you need a refresher on what Patch 7 does, you can get the rundown here.
- Updated custom t-shirt kiosk coming!
- Portland and San Antonio’s courts have been updated to properly match their real-world counterparts.
- Lonzo Ball’s hairstyle has been updated to match his new look.
- Fixed a bug where the number of timeouts left indication on the scorebug was resetting between quarters.
- The correct amount of VC should now be displayed at the end of Ante-Up games.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when finishing a MyTEAM game with Spanish commentary enabled.
- MyPLAYER theme song will now play during the starting lineups when one is set.
- Fixed an issue where players 96 overall or higher would hang when the opposing team quits out of an active Pro-Am Team Arena game.
- When you lose a walk-on game, you will now be returned to the front of the walk-on building rather than at the starting spawn point in the Neighborhood.
- Defensive settings panel for OTFC will now function for AI players in Pro-Am games.
- Fixed an issue in MyGM/MyLEAGUE where a trade that sent Two-Way players to a team whose roster is full can result in one or more of those players disappearing from the league.
- Trivia will be re-enabled in the 2K Zone in MyCAREER once all consoles have received this update. If you have not yet tried it out, 2K Zone Trivia provides 25 VC for every question you answer correctly!
- Users will no longer experience a hang when attempting to read texts from Bryan in MyCAREER.
- Fixed an issue where Bryan would stop sending users texts to pick up their endorsement VC cheques in MyCAREER.
- Addressed a hang that could occur in the Gatorade Training Facility right before starting an activity.
- Addressed a case where some users were seeing their custom created shoes appearing differently in-game than how they looked in the editor.
- The camera will no longer focus on the crowd when play resumes when called right before a free throw in Pro-Am and Play Now Online games.
- Fixed a case where the playoffs would fail to advance after completing a round during an offline MyCAREER.
- Squads will now remain intact when choosing to Play Game after completing a Ruffles Tournament game.
- Michael Jordan’s tongue should now look a little more Mike-like
While we're not quite sure what it does, a patch has been released for WWE 2K18. Some users are reporting shorter load times after downloading/installing the patch, but it doesn't seem like much else has been worked out. At least some work is going into the game. Let's hope a big patch in the future can fix some of the more prevalent issues.
Nintendo UK - Chance of winning a Switch, signed by a collection of WWE Superstars, and a copy of WWE 2K18
To celebrate the arrival of the game in stores we’re running a competition on Facebook and Instagram. You could be in with the chance of winning a Nintendo Switch signed by a collection of WWE Superstars and a copy of WWE 2K18. Four runners up will also receive a copy of the game.
To enter simply head to the relevant post on Facebook or Instagram and leave a comment telling us who your favourite WWE Superstar is. The contest closes on 22nd December.
Please note: to use the software, a download of 24 GB via a wireless internet connection is required. You may also be required to create or link a Nintendo Account.
Sacramento, Calif. – Today, the Sacramento Kings organization unveiled Kings Guard Gaming, the identity of its first esports team. Kings Guard will join 16 other teams in the inaugural season of the NBA 2K League, a joint venture between the NBA and Take-Two Interactive, featuring the best 2K players in the world. Recently, the Kings organization announced the first world-class gaming facility and content studio located in a pro sports venue, Golden 1 Center. The facility was created for the organization’s 2K League gamers and future Kings Gaming team members.
"We are thrilled to be among the first teams to compete in the NBA 2K League," said Vivek Ranadivé. "We have always viewed basketball as a global sport, and esports makes the game more universally accessible. Technology is a powerful tool to reach new fans and broaden our audience, and that's exactly what we believe will happen with our Kings Guard esports team."
The team logo designed by the Kings esports and Creative teams, in collaboration with Rodney Richardson of RARE Design, is rooted in the ferocity of the lion, the nobility of the crown and the strength associated with the color black. A new lion was created to mesh the iconic Kings marks with a fresh, esports appeal. The name, Kings Guard, references the passion of esports players entering a virtual battleground.
In the coming months, Kings Guard will select team members who will begin training for the upcoming 2K League and competitions. The team’s world-class training facility and content studio will provide players with best-in-class tools that the next generation of superstar gamers need to train, compete and win. In the coming months, Kings Guard will launch more details for recreational tournament play in the new facility housed inside of Golden 1 Center, as well as other community initiatives.
Kings Guard can be found online at Twitter.com/KingsGuardGG, Facebook.com/KingsGuardGG and Instagram.com/KingsGuardGG.