Just two days ago, we featured a few snippets from this week's Famitsu pertaining to Fairy Tail. The focus of that piece was the inclusion of Gildarts Clive, as well as the “Eclipse” and “Tartaros” arcs. There was also a quick breakdown of how the dev team has been spending their time since the game was pushed back from March to June 2020. We now have the full breakdown of how the delay has been put to good use, which you can find below.
- The game’s system, the screenplay, and the game balance have all been brushed up.
- More Unison Raid attacks have been added, including some with characters who never did one together in the original manga. - This will allow fans to enjoy unique combinations in the game.
- Hiro Mashima gave new feedback on how to improve the game.
- Gust asked feedback from Hiro Mashima on which characters to pair together for the new Unison Raids.
- Mashima also helped with the Unison Raids’ screenplay.
- A new rank up system for the characters
- Characters gain points when clearing quests etc, and you can use that to strengthen them.
- This way, you can easily strengthen your favorite character through another method than level grinding.
- The Lacrima System was improved as well, and new types of Lacrimas can be created, with new effects.
- The game’s lighting, objects, backgrounds were improved.
- The camera work, screenplay, and effects during battles were improved.
- The characters’ animations and facial expressions have been improved.
- The amount of exp earned, certain boss battles and the battle system were rebalanced.
On top of that, the feature included a look at the Erza bonus costume included in first print copies, which includes both physical and digital.