- now available for ¥3,764 ($34)
- originally priced at ¥5,378
- sale price available until Aug. 20th
Version 1.4 has been released for Super Bomberman R. It add and changes the following...
- Three new characters are now available in the shop (Vic Viper Bomber, Simon Belmont Bomber, and Pyramid Head Bomber)
- Four new VS stages are now available in the shop (Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, and Desert Fort)
- Two new series of accessories are now available in the shop (Item and Snowflake series)
- Other than Battle Royale, the Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, the team with the last survivor wins the match
- There are now more ways to win Gems and more Gems available (Previously Gems could only be earned in the League Battle, but now all VS modes provide Gems)
- Adjusted the movement speed of the Power Zone
- Other small bugs have been fixed
The following comes from a Miketendo64 interview with Richard Jones, a European Brand Manager at Konami...
On more Switch support
“All I can say is that there is lots of internal discussions going on within Konami regarding what games we can bring to the Nintendo Switch, other than Bomberman, a game which we are well aware of its heritage and how loved it and Castlevania is. So much so that Castlevania is getting is getting its own show on Netflix and because of that, we’re hearing a lot of desires from our fans for a new Castlevania series. So we do know there is a demand for a new game, but right now nothing is set in stone as the discussions are still on going.”
How long Super Bomberman R will be supported
“While I can’t say how long far we will continue to support Super Bmberman R, I can say we do have plenty of other ideas in the works and have a few big updates on the way. For example, while I can’t announce anything for the version 1.5 update, suffice to say there will be more stages and other things. But although I can’t confirm there will be more costumes/characters, there may or may not be some more later on down the line. We’ll just have to see how it goes.”
Heads up SBR fans, there will be a small maintenance patch ( v1.3.1) tomorrow when you load the game. Don't worry, v1.4 is still on its way! pic.twitter.com/f2E5ytO1oa— Konami (@Konami) May 16, 2017
Looks like Konami is doing some tidying up with the game. No details on just what's being fixed, but it seems to be in preparation for version 1.4.