The following survey information comes from Playr2.com, and includes 1,001 self-professed gamers...
- 51% responded that they would not welcome the introduction of 3D technology to future console releases
- 47% said they would welcome the tech
- 2% remained unsure
- 44% dismissed it as "unnecessary"
- 28% said they had played a 3DS and were "unimpressed"
- 22% of these respondents felt that 3D tech would actively "impair the gaming experience."
- 73% of all respondents claimed they were not in favor of 3DTV
"Rumors are constantly flying around about the next big console releases, so we wanted to see what gamers would think about the possibility of a 3D enabled console. It was surprising to see that the majority were against it, but many seemed to be disappointed by the technology on the Nintendo 3DS and wouldn't like to see the technology spread to other consoles. 3D, given its current popularity in cinema and television, does seem to be the next logical step in gaming; but I think developers will have to be careful to tackle the issues that the Nintendo 3DS seemed to raise with motion sickness and the like. Our study proves that many think it to be unnecessary, or even an impairment on the gaming experience; so it will be interesting to see what happens when the consoles are finally released." - Simon Kilby, founder of Playr2.com