Goriginal Content

Hyrule Warriors RV

GN Instagram best-of

Xeodrifter diary #7

GN Podcast #474

Cubemen 2 review

EoD - Smash streams!
 

Gamers bombard Platinum Games with hate-filled messages over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

This kind of stuff is absolutely disgusting. Speaks oh-so well for gamers in general. Bayonetta 2 was announced as Wii U exclusive today, which sent a ton of gamers into a rage-filled fury. Bashing of Nintendo and Platinum hit hard, with some absolutely vile comments.

CAUTION - FOUL LANGUAGE



I honestly cannot believe these comments. I know it's the internet and I should be used to this stuff, but I find this completely over the top. Thanks to all that sent this in.

Link

Also check out:
Discussion Preview
315 total comments (View all)
User avatar
14 Sep 2012 22:37

OmicronTurtle wrote:The people who actually bought the first game are getting shafted and they have a right to be upset - just not in the extreme manner that SOME are taking.

That said, we don't know anything about the publishing deal Nintendo has for this game. Just because it's Published by Nintendo for Wii U, doesn't mean Sega can't publish it on 360/PS3.
I fully expect to see Bayonetta 2 on 360 and PS3 very soon after Wii U - partly due to the lackluster sales it will receive on Wii U compared to the first game.
Platinum Games are beyond stupid if they have penned a complete exclusivity deal with Nintendo on this one - or Nintendo have paid them a boat load of cash or fronted the development costs.

OH and "Entitled" seems to be the word of the day above. Go back and check yourselves over the past few years and see how "entitled" Nintendo fans were over countless games not coming to Wii.



I think you might need to re-define the way you're using the term "entitled". There's a big difference between these goons who do, indeed, have an ENTITLEMENT complex over ONE game not coming to the console they already own, and Nintendo Wii owners who just got sick of seeing big games that come to the other two consoles HARDLY EVER get ported to Wii, most often times for BS reasons or just plain laziness. A sh**storm over ONE game, does not equate to growing bitterness that many Wii owners had over the fact that their console CONSISTENTLY got snubbed when it came to big multiplatform titles, even though there were SO many examples of good ports of such games (Ghostbusters, The Force Unleashed, Madden, WWE games, CoD, etc).

Also, I wouldn't be so sure about this game being published by Sega or anyone else, let alone "right after it's Wii U release". If you hadn't missed it, Sega had every opportunity way before now to publish this game, and turned it down. They're not interested. So Nintendo scooped it up, proving they are serious about trying hard to bring more content to their new consoles. And personally, while AGAIN, I do not care for Bayonetta and won't be buying it, I say good for them.

It's long past time that Nintendo acted like this, to make SURE their system and it's fans get worthwhile 3rd party games.
User avatar
14 Sep 2012 22:39

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:You say Game play, then why do the fan boys keep saying IT 10 TIMES MOAR POWERFUL!!!! If game play is more important, I mean cmon...

As for rest, your point. Well played.

Because people keep stating it is a Wii+ in power.
No Avatar
14 Sep 2012 22:52

Sorry, I mean when its compared to Xbox/Ps3 I have seen articles both saying its as good, not as good, and I honestly just don't know. Well, least people are proud of their console, but I'm not convinced just yet. I think it's mainly I detested the Wii...I hated it. I might have missed on a few good exclusives but thats about it. Its nice to see Bayonetta kept alive, that is good, but thats just initial reaction, After reading I have changed my opinion. Just don't get why Bayonetta didn't get support from sony or Microsoft...
User avatar
14 Sep 2012 22:54

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:You say Game play, then why do the fan boys keep saying IT 10 TIMES MOAR POWERFUL!!!! If game play is more important, I mean cmon...

As for rest, your point. Well played.


Because the more power a system have, the more complex and better the gameplay can be? You think Bayonetta would be possible on SNES?? Games like Pikmin and P-100 are obvious example of title taking advantage of boosted power, but even something like Mario and use extra processing to cram more stuff on screen.
No Avatar
14 Sep 2012 22:59

See my previous comment. I have heard arguments for and against, I'vre read things that Devs said it's good, better, as good, not as good, I honestly don't know what to believe TBH
User avatar
14 Sep 2012 23:01

@SharnOfTheDEAD
Microsoft and Sony saw like 600k-700k on each of their consoles with the first Bayonetta.
They each decided it wasn't worth the investment, since Platinum games are cursed to sell badly.

As to Wii U's power, as long as you like the games then you should be happy.
No Avatar
14 Sep 2012 23:18

M1 wrote:@SharnOfTheDEAD
Microsoft and Sony saw like 600k-700k on each of their consoles with the first Bayonetta.
They each decided it wasn't worth the investment, since Platinum games are cursed to sell badly.

As to Wii U's power, as long as you like the games then you should be happy.


Suppose this could be compared to when Gamecube got the Resident Evil remake and resident evil 4, only then social networks didn't exist for people like myself to yell on (I yell a lot but I can admit when I'm wrong) Which I was, and like I said It was an in the moment thing!
User avatar
14 Sep 2012 23:22

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:
M1 wrote:@SharnOfTheDEAD
Microsoft and Sony saw like 600k-700k on each of their consoles with the first Bayonetta.
They each decided it wasn't worth the investment, since Platinum games are cursed to sell badly.

As to Wii U's power, as long as you like the games then you should be happy.


Suppose this could be compared to when Gamecube got the Resident Evil remake and resident evil 4, only then social networks didn't exist for people like myself to yell on (I yell a lot but I can admit when I'm wrong) Which I was, and like I said It was an in the moment thing!

Ummm ok... I was answering your question on why Microsoft and Sony didn't invest in Bayonetta 2.
I think you misunderstood me.
No Avatar
14 Sep 2012 23:30

Ooo...Might of responded wrong..my bad.
User avatar
15 Sep 2012 00:36

@SharnOfTheDEAD
So only having 140 characters to respond is a good reason to kick a dolphins vagina, call some people every horrible name you can think of, threaten to kill some developers, and kill yourself?

And who exactly is claiming the WiiU is 10 times more powerful than 360/PS3? I honestly couldn't care less how powerful it is if the game is fun. I still have a NES that I play regularly because the games are fun, it being less powerful than current gen machines doesn't make the games not good.

And you don't think Wii owners have any concept of not getting to experience any game? You are sorely mistaken. Wii didn't get many games that were released for either 360 or PS3. That's just how it goes, learn to deal with it. I owned a SNES but I always like Sonic the Hedgehog, it wasn't until years later that I could save up the extra money to buy a Genesis and get my own copy of Sonic. And in that time I never once sent a death threat to Sega, or felt the need to kill myself. I just played fun games on my SNES until I had the money to buy a Genesis to play games on as well.

Another thing you claim is that you don't hate any console, but you put Nintendo down claiming it is only for kids. This argument is very tired, so the first Mortal Kombat didn't have blood in it, that was like 20 years ago, don't you think it's about time you get over it?
No Avatar
15 Sep 2012 10:03

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:I feel compelled to come here and state my opinion since one of your Nintendo fan boys decided to try and have a slagging match with me on twitter (He didn't get very far) FYI I'm the chap right at the top, that guy there, yes thats me with the crazy face and long hair holding 2 Uzis for some stupid reason.

It's pretty hard to state how annoyed you can be and why in 140 characters on twitter and can be more of an impulse reaction and quiet frankly you bunch of idiots have jumped to the conclusion that everyone is a Nintendo hater from the reaction to this game being an exclusive? WTF? And As the title states It wasn't even aimed at platinum, just shocked and annoyed like when you stub your toe.


Yay! Generalising a large, diverse group of people is cool! Right guys?
No, we don't think everyone in the world is a Nintendo hater, we just think this reaction is ludicrously over-the-top. Nintendo got an exclusive you like? Cry me a river.
Most people do things they regret on impulse. Lack of impulse control isn't an excuse.

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:I didn't know that Bayonetta was canned as there was literally no news on it at all, not even at E3. nothing. I was just waiting to hear of a sequel, but when I hear a multi platform game go exclusive I was annoyed, annoyed for one because its more ££££££ annoyed for 2 because I hate exclusives with a passion,I don't see why anyone should not experience any game but you wouldn't know that would you? No of course not, because you are all so ready to defend your console as if it was your child!!! Heck even the devs response didn't make sense..


I'm sorry, did you just accuse Nintendo fans of not knowing how being shunned by exclusives feels? Are you completely retarded? Do you even bother to think about what you're saying before you say it?
Nintendo gamers don't even get the choice or opportunity to play many games they might enjoy, because most of them come out for 360/PS3/PC. Now that you're on the other end of the stick, you're coming onto a Nintendo board to pretend like that doesn't happen and you're the victim here and there's no way we could understand how you feel waa waa waa?

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:"Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames."
Well they just have... you don't establish a game on two platforms then have the sequel everyone has been waiting for on a third platform which didn't even get the first game. Not only that, Bayonetta is more of an acquired taste. Even as a Wii U exclusive sales are going to be average. I'm just going by who the WII U is aimed at which Is children and thats great because kids need a cracking childhood in gaming that can be acquired especially with Nintendo,Just the idea of a semi naked Witch who's only clothing is her own hair is for the Nintenkids... I'm not sure how sales are going to be good for this one either...unless people flock from Xbox and Sony to Wii, which doesn't sound likely (Just from what I've been hearing from friends etc 9/10 are not bothered) I however I am....(Shock!)


Yay! More broad generalisations! Only children play on Nintendo consoles! Monster Hunter, Red Steel and Metroid are definitely targetted at children! Call of Duty? Perfect for 6-year-olds!
Maybe you're getting the hint now, but in case you're not: your arguments are without merit. You're whining over a completely imaginged scenario. Again: do you even think about what you're saying?

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:I'm no hater of a console (If your going to hate something it should be something important and not some childish quim) I didn't like the Wii, but I don't go around forcing it downs peoples throats. I'm also annoyed with Sony and Microsoft for showing lack of support for the Bayonetta franchise. I am however I am interested in the Wii U, depending on that price tag and if it does live up to being a better experience for gaming. I was just shocked and surprised that a game a very much enjoyed is going to cost me a new console to play it, Which I have yet to see a reason to buy, I've not been blown away by graphics for example, not yet anyway. And it also sucks when you don't have mummy and daddy to buy you nice things! (It's also not a cheap year) Sure theres a few other exclusives on Nintendo I might try out when things slow down after Christmas and I can afford games again, I'm partial to some Mario and Pikmin.


Again, welcome to being a Nintendo gamer for the past 6 years. Exclusives happen. The only way you'll be able to play every game is to buy every console. Deal with it.

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:And seriously... some of the comments I have read here are just as childish than the ones posted about Bayonetta. Anyway. Enough said. Cheers for slapping me on your page along with a bunch of other people, to be poked at with little knowledge of who I am or what I'm about and judging what people say in 140 characters or less. You really are evolved human beings!


You're not in any position to accuse others of being childish. You're bitching and crying about a fucking game, for crying out loud.
No Avatar
15 Sep 2012 10:23

Koopzilla wrote:@SharnOfTheDEAD
So only having 140 characters to respond is a good reason to kick a dolphins vagina, call some people every horrible name you can think of, threaten to kill some developers, and kill yourself?

And who exactly is claiming the WiiU is 10 times more powerful than 360/PS3? I honestly couldn't care less how powerful it is if the game is fun. I still have a NES that I play regularly because the games are fun, it being less powerful than current gen machines doesn't make the games not good.

And you don't think Wii owners have any concept of not getting to experience any game? You are sorely mistaken. Wii didn't get many games that were released for either 360 or PS3. That's just how it goes, learn to deal with it. I owned a SNES but I always like Sonic the Hedgehog, it wasn't until years later that I could save up the extra money to buy a Genesis and get my own copy of Sonic. And in that time I never once sent a death threat to Sega, or felt the need to kill myself. I just played fun games on my SNES until I had the money to buy a Genesis to play games on as well.

Another thing you claim is that you don't hate any console, but you put Nintendo down claiming it is only for kids. This argument is very tired, so the first Mortal Kombat didn't have blood in it, that was like 20 years ago, don't you think it's about time you get over it?


I'm not vouching for people who like to kick dolphins just my self (However I think that individual was trying to be funny), The people who claim Wii you is so powerful are the fanboys, I see it comments and I have it yelled at in my twitter picture face,..I couldn't care less either, just some people feel the need they need to tell me that! Your Xbox/Ps3 sucks Nintendo FTW etc etc

Hey man, thats not my bad Wii owners didn't get some 3rd part games, Like I said, I had no idea Bayonetta was even bought out by Nintendo until like the day after I tweeted. Not only that, these days its different, theres more expectations from games/consoles/companies to deliver, this isn't the first time gamers got pissed about something (Mass Effect 3) However I myself was annoyed to begin with, but now knowing that Nintendo in fact saved the franchise, I'm not so annoyed.

I put Nintendo being child friendly, because it's more child friendly platform, theres more child friendly games for Wii than there is Xbox and PS3 put together. I grew up playing games like Mario, Pikmin. StarFox, honestly didn't play many violent games (Things have changed now), sure there was the odd one or 2, but overall theres more for the youth. Thats not a bad thing. Theres nothing wrong with that. I know theres violent games for Wii too, but they seem to take the back seat to Mario and Co.

I'm not saying adults can't enjoy that, I know Wii U is aimed at all ages and I know people get offended when you say its a console for kids, Heck even Machinimas Ken Burton said the same thing. Hey if I an afford it, Ill get one. Lol, My tweets ended me up in some video taking the piss now lol, oh well I liked and shared it on my twitter haha
No Avatar
15 Sep 2012 10:29

You're not in any position to accuse others of being childish. You're bitching and crying about a fucking game, for crying out loud.[/quote]


Bitch please Crying and bitching? Its one fucking twitter comment I didn't go out and write a damn essay.
No Avatar
15 Sep 2012 10:57

SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:You're not in any position to accuse others of being childish. You're bitching and crying about a fucking game, for crying out loud.



Bitch please Crying and bitching? Its one fucking twitter comment I didn't go out and write a damn essay.[/quote]

Clearly you are retarded. I quoted you. Nobody with a brain in their skull is convinced that that quote is under 140 characters.
No Avatar
15 Sep 2012 11:07

the_madman wrote:
SharnOfTheDEAD wrote:You're not in any position to accuse others of being childish. You're bitching and crying about a fucking game, for crying out loud.



Bitch please Crying and bitching? Its one fucking twitter comment I didn't go out and write a damn essay.


Clearly you are retarded. I quoted you. Nobody with a brain in their skull is convinced that that quote is under 140 characters.[/quote] < This is also from past quote but not highlighted edit*



I miss quoted! Wtf is going on here? Look enough is enough.. I didn't go out my way to rant make a video screaming my tits off at how it''s become an exclusive. After 24 hours things had changed, I had read more and found out it as saved and not sold out.

It was a knee jerk reaction. I am fine now. I'm glad franchise is saved. I was not threatening death to anyone or punching dolphins, I tweeted at the wrong time and eneded up here and in several other videos . Despite all i said, I want a Wii U, I can't afford one, I try and get one but yeah.

All in all can't account for what everyones said, many of them were in the wrong and it's disgusting.

So chill relax and game on.
User avatar
15 Sep 2012 13:05

Sharn of the Dead - "I'm just going by who the WII U is aimed at which Is children."

What's funny is that this is probably the dumbest comment in this entire thread. Lol.
User avatar
15 Sep 2012 13:43

I just want to point out that just because a system is marketed to be family friendly does not inherently mean that it is aimed towards children exclusively. Nintendo is trying to obtain a diverse library of games that will appeal to people of any age.
User avatar
15 Sep 2012 18:56

@SharnOfTheDEAD
You had your real name on your twitter and then you go around writing stuff like that? I can't say I feel sorry for you. Hopefully you'll get a better hold of your impulses, because people as obnoxious as you deserve to be made fun of.
User avatar
15 Sep 2012 19:53

pokemaster515 wrote:@SharnOfTheDEAD
You had your real name on your twitter and then you go around writing stuff like that? I can't say I feel sorry for you. Hopefully you'll get a better hold of your impulses, because people as obnoxious as you deserve to be made fun of.

I don't agree with him, not even in the slightest, but no one deserves to be made fun of.
User avatar
15 Sep 2012 21:50

DeAngelo Guillory wrote:
Hayabusa_San wrote:Man, just like i posted in Kotaku, sometimes i'm just ashamed to be in the current gaming community. It is a sad world when stupid people whine about a previously CANNED game been taken by another publisher to make it a exclusive (and it is fair if Nintendo is using their money to make the development possible).

I'm so happy with this news, and as a Bayonetta and Platinum fan, i'll support my company and its great games!


Can I be ashamed of you for posting in Kotaku?

It feels like I can for some reason...


If that makes you happy, be my guess! :lol:
User avatar
16 Sep 2012 15:09

Broken_Cartridge wrote: but no one deserves to be made fun of.


That's not true at all. I mean, not over video-games for sure, but the kid could be a bully that kicks the shovel out of 3 year old girls. I mean, he would deserve worse than being made fun of, but I don't think you could say he didn't deserve to be fun of.
User avatar
16 Sep 2012 18:06

FadedAreWii wrote:
Broken_Cartridge wrote: but no one deserves to be made fun of.


That's not true at all. I mean, not over video-games for sure, but the kid could be a bully that kicks the shovel out of 3 year old girls. I mean, he would deserve worse than being made fun of, but I don't think you could say he didn't deserve to be fun of.

I stand by my statement, but I will say that bullies who tear down other people deserve to be disciplined. As children by their parents/school, and as adults by the law.

If someone bullies someone to the extent of instigating a fight, they are asking for a fight, in that case they are asking for a situation in which they could get their ass handed to them.

But now we're getting into territory faaaar outside of what this topic is dedicated for, but I touched on that to say that, no, no one deserves to be made fun of. I won't get into the philosophy I have behind that because it would take this even further away from the original subject matter.
User avatar
16 Sep 2012 19:32

Broken_Cartridge wrote:

If someone bullies someone to the extent of instigating a fight, they are asking for a fight, in that case they are asking for a situation in which they could get their ass handed to them.


I think that right there says it all. That's what the dude was saying; he was asking for it. Your saying, if someone is asking for it, it's all good. That's all I'm saying. And I guess it's subjective as to what constitutes asking for it. lol
User avatar
16 Sep 2012 23:27

@SharnOfTheDEAD

You really shouldn't have even bothered coming here just to "set us Nintendo fans straight". You wanna troll someone? Troll Sega. But coming into a Nintendo fan forum and telling US what it feels like to not get multiplatform games? That's about the dumbest thing in gaming forum history right there. You really should have quit while you were ahead...which was before you made an account and decided to come in here in the first place.


Have a nice day. And enjoy Bayonetta 2 on your shiny new Wii U. :mrgreen:
No Avatar
Anonymous
17 Sep 2012 00:26

wow very original posts.

-Fuck you Nintendo
-I'm going to kill myself
-Post the same thing 5 more times
-Repeat

If you're going to kill yourself over a video game, YOU'RE the moron.

View the full discussion!

Quickie Search

"Advanced" Search

Anti-social Tendencies

Advertisements

RSS feed trough

News Feed
Top Stories
Console News
Portables News
Podcast Feed
GoNintendo Radio Feed
Twitter Feed

Affiliates + Friends

Destructoid
Gamersyde
Modojo
TheBitBlock
Anime Your Way