The following info comes from the NPD Grou...
- $2.87 billion spent on content between July and September of this year
- United States video game industry is down 9 percent for the quarter
- US went from $4.04 billion during those three months last year to around $3.78 billion
- used game/rentals are down around 19 percent
- $1.4 billion in digital sales during the quarter is actually a 22 percent increase
- primary drivers for digital growth were mobile app, digital full game downloads, and downloadable add-on content