This is not a confirmation of a Wii game, but the job listings seem to indicate that there’s Wii interest here.
Senior Graphics Programmer
Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG) is a segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) responsible for the creation and delivery of Disney branded interactive entertainment and informational content across multiple platforms including online, mobile and video game consoles around the globe. DIMG core businesses include Disney Interactive Studios, which self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games, mobile games and interactive entertainment worldwide; and Disney Online, which produces the No. 1 Community-Family & Parenting Web site and an industry-leading suite of online virtual worlds for kids and families.
SENIOR GRAPHICS PROGRAMMER
• 6+ years experience writing graphics code.
• Experience in 3D graphics programming (Shaders, Lighting Models, Visibility)
• Capable of contributing to overall product vision and design
• Strong understanding of C++ and object-oriented design principles
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Design, develop, write and implement code
• Interact closely with designers, artists, and animators to achieve the vision of the game.
• Assist in resolving complex technical issues
• Research and develop cutting edge rendering technology
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL SKILLS
• Post secondary degree in computer science preferred from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Shipped console (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360) title experience
• Experience programming graphics on the PS3 and/or Xbox 360
Req ID 264076
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
View all Disney Interactive Media Group jobs at www.dimgcareers.com.
Disney Interactive Studios, part of Disney Interactive Media Group, is the interactive entertainment affiliate of the Walt Disney Company. Disney Interactive Studios, which has five internal game development studios around the world, self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games and interactive entertainment worldwide.
JUNCTION Point Studios, headed by industry visionary Warren Spector, is a developer of innovative single-player and small-group multiplayer console and PC games. Our focus is on player-driven narrative, which we define as “improvisational gameplay in the context of a strong, traditional narrative.” The company’s main goal is to tell stories with players, not to them, allowing them to craft unique experiences through in-game choices. For some developers, it may be enough to refine and polish. At JUNCTION Point, we want to change things – innovation is a core value. Each game advances the state of the art. We believe long-term success can best be achieved by delivering games of the highest quality in gameplay and presentation.