Atlus has updated their online press room with a ton of assets for Yggdrasil Labyrinth. The best news is that the title has been confirmed for the US! The title has been renamed Etrian Odyssey, and will be hitting sometime in first quarter 2007. Check out the press release below, I am working on the screens and artwork right now. They will be added sometime in the next half hour.
ATLUS U.S.A., INC. ANNOUNCES ETRIAN ODYSSEY FOR NINTENDO DS The Director of Trauma Center: Under the Knife and the Team Behind the Shin Megami Tensei Series Present a Bold New Direction for Portable RPGs
ATLUS U.S.A., INC. ANNOUNCES ETRIAN ODYSSEY FOR NINTENDO DS
The Director of Trauma Center: Under the Knife and the Team Behind the Shin Megami Tensei Series Present a Bold New Direction for Portable RPGs
Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced the acquisition of the North American publishing rights to Etrian Odyssey, a ground-breaking RPG for the Nintendo DS known as Sekaiju no Meikyuu in Japan.
Directed by Kazuya Niinou (Trauma Center: Under the Knife), with story design by Shigeo Komori (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner) and sound design by the legendary Yuzo Koshiro (Actraiser, Streets of Rage), Etrian Odyssey is currently scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2007.
“This game revitalizes the classic spirit of exploration and adventure for a new platform and a new audience,” said Nich Maragos, project lead of Etrian Odyssey for Atlus USA. “The hand-drawn map feature along with the lush graphics will make gamers want to get lost in the striking forest world of Etria.”
Etrian Odyssey has not yet been rated by the ESRB; an E10+ or T rating is expected.
About Etrian Odyssey
In a vast and fertile land lies a small town known as Etria, a peaceful village that became famous for a startling discovery. A crack in the vast forest opened at Etria’s edge, leading downward like a gaping maw. It all began there…
Those who hear rumors of the labyrinth of Etria, whether young or old, begin to harbor dreams of exploring it.
Riches… fame… prestige… all that and one more thing does the labyrinth promise: the true spirit of adventure, on the perilous edge of death.
Today, like any other day in the new Etria, a youth walks through the town gates…
Etrian Odyssey Key Features
• Make your own maps with the Touch Screen! Plot your progress through the labyrinth, drawing walls and placing icons to note special events, treasure chests, doors, pits, stairs, and landmarks.
• Nine character classes! Create a woodland survivalist, shield-bearing templar, whip-wielding dark hunter, or any of a half-dozen other types. Populate an adventurer’s guild with up to 20 characters!
• Turn-based strategic combat! Acquire and collect more than 20 battle skills for your adventuring party of five characters.
• All-star production staff! Direction by Kazuya Niinou (Trauma Center: Under the Knife), story design by Shigeo Komori (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner), and sound design by Yuzo Koshiro (Actraiser, Streets of Rage).
• Beautiful 3D graphics! Say goodbye to the dank, gray corridors of past dungeon RPGs as you step into warm, inviting, forest environments rendered in an original 3D engine.