Well…I think things have gone quiet now. What a night of announcements! In just a few hours, I get to wake up and do it all again! I am going to get some sleep while I can. I’ll make sure to get up early, and shuffle about my email/messageboards to see if anything else popped up. If you find anything worth a look, shoot me an email!
I’ll see you guys in a few hours. I am going to do my best to get up at 5:00 AM PST. We will see how that works out!
Hey guys, try to take it easy on the F5-attacks. The event just kicked off now, we don’t want to disappear while all the news is coming in! Refresh every couple of minutes, instead of every 5 seconds. It should make a big difference.
- Iwata takes the stage, and announces the DSi, the new version of the DS.
- the DS has sold very well, but is hitting its saturation point…but there is still room for growth.
- 12%, 2.6 millimeters lighter, no more GBA slot
- bigger screens, better speakers
- Camera: two cameras - one inside and one out - 640×480 resolution
- screens are 3.25 inches
- camera and audio functions
- only one touch screen according to Nintendo UK spokesperson (more on that below)
- pictures taken should be able to be manipulated via touch screens
- pitch and sound playback speed can be adjusted
- SD card slot
- store then view pics on Wii Photo Channel
- internal memory for apps
- built-in web browser
- download DSi Ware with Nintendo Points (Wii points renamed
- apps will cost free/200/500/800 points.
- download via the Nintendo DSi Shop.
- owners that connect by March, 2010 will receive 1000 Points as a gift. (Japan)
- Hits Japan on Nov 1st for 18900 yen…2009 release for rest of the world
- DS Station will go into its second phase, becoming the Nintendo Zone service.
- service once again available at McDonalds
- Nintendo Zone Viewer included, no setup needed
- colors: white and frosted black
- Mii on DS in Lifestyle Rhythm Calculator software.
- Pedometer shown.
Games due out around launch: Valk Profile DS, Kirby (most likely SSU), Kyotaro, Rockman (most likely MMSF3), World Food, Phantasy Star Zero, Momotaro Dentetsu, Mario and Luigi 3
- DSi presentation over
- DS and Wii connectivity title FFCC is being introduced.
- AAC playback for DSi
- DS browser will be Opera
- new Dragon Quest IX media being shown
- Wii storage solution: WiiWare/software download to SD card
- more DS games and dates
Gyakuten Kenji next spring
Infinite Line next spring
- a demo movie will come pre-installed on new Wiis called “What You Can Do With the Wii”. It will help new users to get online
- more talk of previously announced wifi adapter
- in Japan, a campaign will kick off that gives Wii users 500 Wii Points when they help a non-connected user get online
- Animal Crossing: City Folk presentation. More DS data/Mii talk
- ACCF with Wii Speak bundle hits Japan on November 20th.
- Nintendo will re-release Cube classics in a new ‘Enjoy with Wii selection’ lineup
- Prope is developing a new game for the Wii called ‘Let’s Tap’…a Wiimote-free game
- Another Code for Wii
- Sin and Punishment 2 for Wii
- Punch-Out!! Wii confirmed
- DK Jungle Beat being re-released as well. Both Pikmin and DK Jungle Beat re-releases hitting Japan in Nov. These are NOT NEW GAMES.
- Sengoku Musou 3 (Samurai Warriors) for Wii
- new ‘mothership’ Tales series title has beenn announced.
- Monster Hunter 3 footage
DSi to DS Lite comparison chart
Punch-Out Wii screen grab
DSi photo editing
DS trailer shows what looks to be a new WarioWare game, with a mode that lets you create your own microgames. This not confirmed, but check out the trailer above to see for yourself.
Also, in the Wii trailer, it looks like there will be a sequel to Endless Ocean. This snippet is hard to miss in the Wii montage.
If you checked out the Wii trailer and don’t recognize some games, check out this post.
List of titles shown in Wii trailer (courtesy IGN)
Let’s Tap, and 428 from SEGA. Family Ski World Ski and Snowboard from Namco / Bandai. Karaoke Joysound from Hudson. Taiko no Tatsujin Wii from Namco / Bandai. Tench 4 from From Software. Harvest Moon: Waku Waku Animal March from Marvelous. Rune Factory Frontier from Marvelous. Shape Boxing Wii de Enjoyment by Rocket Company, Wii Sports Resort. Punch-Out!! Another Code: R. Supaan Smasher from Nintendo. Dynamic Shin (working title) from Nintendo, Tact of Magic from Nintendo, Kensakusu from Nintendo. Cosmic Walker from Nintendo, Sin and Punishment 2 from Nintendo, Forever Blue: Beautiful Ocean from Nintendo, NHK Quiz from Nintendo. Line Attack Heroes (working title) from Nintendo.
Wii Music (Nintendo) 10/16
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) 11/20
The Melancholy of Haruhi (Kadokawa Shoten) 11/27
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes (Capcom) 12/11
428 (Sega) 12/4
Samba de Amigo (Sega) 12/11
Let’s Tap (Sega) Dec. 2008
Cooking Mama 2 (Taito) 12/4
Rygar: Muscle Impact (Tecmo) Dec. 2008
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (Activision) 10/16
Karaoke Joysound Wii (Hudson) 12/18
Sky Crawlers (Bandai-Namco) 10/16
Happy Dance Collection (Bandai-Namco) 10/23
Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard (Bandai-Namco) 11/13
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Bandai-Namco) 12/4
Taiko Drum Master Wii (Bandai-Namco) 12/11
Tenchu 4 (From Software) 10/23
Harvest Moon: Exciting Animal March (Marvelous) 10/30
Rune Factory Frontier (Marvelous) 11/27
Shape Boxing (Rocket Co.) 10/30
Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) Spring
Start w/ 100 Conversations! English Conversation (Nintendo) 2009
Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) 2009
Trace Memory: R, Gateway of Memory (Nintendo) 2009
Kensax (Nintendo) 2009
Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009
Spawn Smasher (Nintendo) 2009
Dynamic [illegible] (Nintendo) 2009
Takt of Magic (Nintendo) 2009
Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo) 2009
Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean (Nintendo) 2009
Everyone’s the Star on the NHK Red-and-White Quiz Battle (Nintendo) 2009
Line Attack Heroes (Nintendo) 2009
Castlevania: Judgment (Konami) Winter 2008-2009
Dead Rising: Zombies’ Sacrifice (Capcom) Winter 2008-2009
FFCC: Echoes of Time (Square-Enix) 1/29
Sonic and the Black Knight (Sega) Spring
Fragile (Bandai-Namco) Winter 2008-2009
Arcrise Fantasia (Marvelous) Winter 2008-2009
Oboro Muramasa (Marvelous) Spring
“We are aiming to launch DSi in Europe in Spring 2009. As it’s too early to confirm specifics on the European or UK launch, we will not be offering further comment at this time.” - Nintendo UK spokesperon
Sengoku Musou logo