You are viewing a story from GN Version 3.1. Time may not have been kind to formatting, integrity of links, images, information, etc.
Wii successor rumors continue - backwards compatible with Wii, 'significantly more powerful' than 360/PS3
The following information comes from inside sources at IGN…
- console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Nintendo is looking to recapture the hardcore market
- 1080p resolutions
- Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month
- full reveal expected at E3
- backwards compatible with current Wii software
Well there’s a really interesting bit of information. If the system is backwards compatible with Wii games, that either means you can use a Wiimote/Nunchuk on the new system, or the new system’s control scheme will be able to mirror that of Wii.