The next batch of weekly releases for the Switch eShop is here! As usual, there’s a huge list of titles coming to the platform, with both small and large releases to pique your interest. Take a look at the full list for Europe for the week of June 1st, 2023 below.
- Etrian Odyssey HD
- Etrian Odyssey II HD
- Etrian Odyssey III HD
- Aery - The Lost Hero
- Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection
- Powers of Hex
- Move The Pin: Classic Logic Puzzle
- Korokoro Harley
- Kuroi Tsubasa
- Japanese NEKOSAMA Escape The Sweets Shop
- Mad Road - Apocalyptic Shooter Survival Killer
- Highway Traffic Racer - Car Racing Simulator
- Math Fight - Multiplayer Game
- So Much Stuff Collector’s Edition
- Project Nightmares Case 36: Henrietta Kedward
- Killer Frequency
- Hidden Bunny
- Zero-G Gunfight
- Horoscope Signs: Discover the meaning of your sign
- Beat Them Up - Street Fight Band Simulator
- Undead Horde 2: Necropolis
- The Tartarus Key
- Legendary Tales: Cataclysm
- To Hell With The Ugly
- Nakana Bundle #6 (10 games)
- Nakana Bundle #5
- Nakana Bundle #4
- Paper Dominoes
- Home Sweet Home
- Hentai Girls
- Skye Tales
- Chronicles of 2 Heroes: Amaterasu’s Wrath
- The Blind Prophet
- Johnny Trigger
- Mystical Mixing
- Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook
- Plumber Bundle 3 in 1
Curious about what critics are saying about Tin Hearts? An accolades trailer has been released for the narrative puzzle adventure game, showing off quotes from many different respectable media outlets. Check out the latest trailer from developer Rogue Sun and publisher ired Productions above. Tin Hearts is available now for Switch both physically and digitally.
Winner of the ‘Most Anticipated Nintendo Switch Game’ Accolade during Gamescom 2022, Tin Hearts has been praised for its heartfelt story, charming puzzles, and immersive atmosphere. Described as having ‘a wonderful narrative, smart puzzles, and one of the most beautiful scores written for a video game’ by God is a Geek, with a story that is “effortlessly engaging” according to Nintendo World Report, Tin Hearts has been positively received from reviewers across all platforms.
DESOLATIUM, a brand new point-and-click adventure game from developer Superlumen and publisher SOEDESCO, has been announced for Nintendo Switch. It will be available sometime in 2023, but release info beyond that is unknown. Check out the first teaser trailer above and gameplay details below via Gematsu.
Dive into the well-known myths of Lovecraft in a whole new way with this immersive, first-person, point-and-click, graphic adventure, with a taste of survival horror.
Investigate and Solve Mysterious Events
You will have to investigate mysterious events in order to find who is hiding behind all of the madness. But you may find something you were not looking for, since discovering what is happening will take you into a world of darkness, terror, and insanity, this is, a DESOLATED world.
Explore a New Lovecraftian Adventure
Be part, like never before, of an exciting mystery based on Lovecraft’s Mythos, full of puzzles, sects, and primordial deities.
Choose Your Destiny
You will have to walk in the shoes of four characters with four different paths and destinations… but, be careful! The decisions you make can have unexpected consequences that will lead you to different endings. Will you be able to avoid more murders? Will you find out who is behind or will you prefer to be part of some ritual? In DESOLATIUM you will set the course of the adventure.
Carter wakes up on a bed in a strange room. He can’t remember anything, not even his own name; when he looks around he suspects something is not right. He needs to escape from there and find out what is happening. When Carter’s friends discover that he has disappeared, the true journey begins. What if all the myths and creatures they had read about were real?
Get inside their head to investigate all the clues and hints, each with their unique abilities and characteristics. Will they be ready for what they may find? Will you be?
- 🎨 Comic and Collage Art Style
- 🐙 Explore a new Lovecraftian adventure
- 📍 Explore more than 14 levels based on real-world locations in 360°
- 🔎 Investigate the mysterious events through 4 playable characters with their own mechanics
- 🎵 Get Immersed in a thrilling graphic adventure with ambisonics audio
A new update (Version 0.21.5) is now available for Sky: Children of the Light. Check out the full patch notes here for more details.
Greetings, Adventurers! In our latest update, prepare to head into the remaining Season of Passage quests, plus two colorful and musical events. We also introduce a feature to make it easier to get new in-game currency items during events, a new way to create music, plus another round of bug fixes.
PlatinumGames has been sharing a number of development blogs for Bayonetta 3 for awhile now, diving deep into various facets of the title. It appears the team still has a ton to share, as they’ve shifted from written blogs to video features.
The third episode of the video interview series has now been released, giving us another look at the development of Bayonetta 3 directly from various members of the PlatinumGames development team. This latest episode details the doom and rebirth motifs, how the characters were brought to life through cinematics and character animations, and more.
The devs that appear this time are as follows:
- Supervising Director: Hideki Kamiya
- Director: Yusuke Miyata
- Producer: Yuji Nakao
- Art Director: Yuki Suda
- Lead Cinematic Artist: Atsuhito Shirai
Platinum has revealed that this will be a four-part video series, meaning the final episode will be released next week.
A reboot of the classic Corsairs strategy/action series, Corsairs: Battle of the Caribbean, has been announced from publisher Microids. Being developed by Fishing Cactus, the game will be released for Nintendo Switch sometime in 2024, though an exact date has not been shared. There is no official trailer yet either, but you can check out the Steam page here for screenshots and details.
You’ll take on the role of a privateer, serving your chosen nation to earn fame and wealth. You’ll navigate treacherous seas, build a powerful fleet, and wage epic battles against enemy vessels.
Your journey will take you to the exotic islands of the Antilles, where you can discover hidden treasures, recruit new crew members, and fight for your nation’s supremacy in the Caribbean. Choose to represent one of the great maritime powers: French, Danish, Spanish, British, or Dutch.
CORSAIRS - BATTLE OF THE CARIBBEAN offers you a chance to live the true life of a pirate, with vast seas of possibilities awaiting you. It combines tactical combat with management-oriented gameplay, encouraging you to smartly manage your fleet and defend your trading positions. The game features an enhanced progression system, new types of soldiers, and an expanded campaign mode for a more immersive experience.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key has been updated to Version 1.4.0. Check out the patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue where quest details and objectives would not be displayed correctly on the quest screen when more than a certain number of quests were accepted, as well as quest indicators not working properly on the map.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to complete the “Where Did That Energy Go” quest under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in the “Follow the Leading Bird” quest that caused the game to stop responding in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to stop responding when a specific operation was performed on a specific screen.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to synthesize the Iridescent High-Purity Mucus under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to transfer a Super Trait to the Waking Emerald.
- Fixed an issue where some of the adventure effects applied to the Secret Key did not work properly.
- Improved compatibility with the new DLC.
- Fixed display issues.
- Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.
The month has wrapped, the numbers have been crunched, and we’ve got the top 20 Switch eShop titles in Japan for May 2023. Surprising absolutely no one, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom came out on top, with Breath of the Wild closely behind.
The top 20 Switch eShop titles for May 2023 are as follows:
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (NEW)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Overcooked! 2
- Splatoon 3
- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 2
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Offline
- Human: Fall Flat
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1
- Final Fantasy V
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Final Fantasy VI
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Among Us ඞ
- Pokémon Violet
Wondering how the Switch held up in Japan this week? Switch titles made up all 10 of the top 10 best-selling software list. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom had an impressive third week, selling almost 150k more physical copies. Breath of the Wild has fallen to fourth, with the debut of BUSTAFELLOWS Season 2 from publisher Extend taking third. As for the rest of the charts, it’s quite standard, with top-selling titles like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Minecraft, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Splatoon 3, and Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe making their usual appearance.
As for hardware, the Switch OLED holds the top spot, with Sony’s PlayStation 5 placing in second. The standard Switch placed in third, and the Switch Lite took fourth, with the PS5 Digital Edition in fifth.
Check out the full rundown for software and hardware for May 22nd to May 28th, 2023 below!
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 148,482 (1,515,673)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8,373 (5,310,115)
- [NSW] BUSTAFELLOWS Season 2 – 7,514 (NEW)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6,385 (2,196,076)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 5,368 (3,146,828)
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet – 5,042 (5,039,337)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 4,978 (5,200,365)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 4,804 (4,024,155)
- [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 4,492 (436,641)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 3,389 (1,084,836)
Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- Switch OLED Model – 69,829 (4,643,870)
- PlayStation 5 – 32,894 (3,086,043)
- Switch – 9,692 (19,331,668)
- Switch Lite – 7,003 (5,310,715)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 5,198 (501,619)
- PlayStation 4 – 966 (7,871,670)
- Xbox Series S – 126 (252,562)
- Xbox Series X – 115 (186,037)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 26 (1,191,655)
Nintendo of Europe has announced the next free trial for Switch Online members, and the opportunity to check it out goes live on June 7th, 2023. Those in Europe with a Switch Online membership will be able to enjoy NBA 2K23 for free until June 13th 2023, and you can play the basketball game in its entirety during that time period. Visit the Nintendo eShop page here to download the free trial.
Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Pokémon Masters EX, and Pokémon Café Remix, have all received a content update. Check out the full details for each game below via perfectly-nintendo.com.
Fire Emblem Heroes
- [Story Maps] A new Tactics Drills map is now available: Fates of Hoshidan Royals (Skill Studies) (no end date)
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
- [Cookies] A new Fortune Cookie and related set of Stamp Trade rewards are now available: Kidd’s atelier cookie (available until August 30th)
- [Memories] A new Scrapbook Memory is now available: Capturing Precious Memories (no end date)
Pokémon Masters EX
- [Scout] The following Sync Pair is now available via the Monthly Poké Fair Scout: Marnie & Morpeko (available until July 1st)
Pokémon Café ReMix
- [Goals] A new set of Monthly Goals is now available (available until July 1st)
- [Store] The latest premium pass is now available, featuring Inteleon (available until July 1st)
Back in late 2022, Sonic the Hedgehog creator Yuji Naka was arrested twice on suspicion of insider trading at Square Enix. According to reports, Naka was using early information about upcoming games/collaborations to buy stock and make a quick buck.
During a trial with the Tokyo District Court, Naka admitted to insider trading, which violates Japan’s Financial Instruments and Exchange Act. Naka had traded $1 million in stocks while being employed by Square Enix. Specifically, Naka said there was ‘no doubt’ he knew details about upcoming games before they were shared publicly, and used that information to benefit financially.
The latest developments in this story reveal that Naka could be facing two and a half years in prison and a fine of $1.2 million, should the judge follow along with the prosecutorial team’s request. Naka’s defense team has asked for the fine to be reduced and the prison time suspended, while the prosecutor’s team has stated that Naka showed, ‘no signs of remorse.’ (H/T VGC)
Do You NintenKnow: June 2023
Test your trivia might!
Below is a set of clues for games that have a notable US release date anniversary (5, 10, 15, etc.) in the current month. See if you can figure out the title before clicking the blurred image to find out if you were correct! Head down to the comments when you’re finished and reminisce about the personal memories that were dredged up. Remember that these are going by the release date in the United States. Have fun!
Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection crawls to the Switch eShop today
Hope you know how to read a map!
Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection, which includes the first three Etrian Odyssey games, arrives on Switch today. The title is priced at $80 and takes up 2.2 GB of space. You can also download all three of these titles individually for $40 a pop.
Explore the rich beginnings of this RPG franchise with remasters of three timeless adventures that inspire players to go on a journey of discovery, mapping deep dungeons, and building customized parties for exploring and engaging in tactical combat. Play as the leader of a guild of adventurers, searching for rare treasures and secrets within the depths of a vast, sprawling labyrinth. Traverse and draw a map of the environment while encountering enemies large and small in turn-based combat, then return to town to rest, sell materials for better equipment, and manage your party, selecting from a collection of heroes to build the right team for the job.
Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection Features:
Survive a vast, labyrinthian forest on the edge of a peaceful village in Etrian Odyssey HD, journey to a floating castle in the sky in Etrian Odyssey II HD, and be transported to an oceanic paradise and rumors of a drowned city in Etrian Odyssey III HD.
Touch screen mapping functionality for the Nintendo Switch™: Plot your progress through the labyrinth, drawing walls and placing icons to note special events and resources
Newly remastered graphics, remastered soundtrack and quality of life improvements including difficulty selection and save slots
Easy access to the Monstrous Codex, quest log and skill tree
Maximize your adventuring by optimizing your party, choose the character classes that work for your playstyle
Killer Frequency takes a stab at the Switch today
Don't touch that dial
Following an early leak from the Taiwanese Ratings Board, publisher Team17 has now confirmed that Killer Frequency is arriving on the Switch today. The game is priced at $25 and takes up 2.2 GB of space.
Killer Frequency is a first-person horror adventure that puts you in the shoes of Forrest Nash, a late-night radio host whose callers are being stalked by a mysterious killer. Solve puzzles, save lives and run the switchboards, all while listening to a jukebox of retro ‘80s tunes!
It’s a late night at KFAM radio station in Gallows Creek, mid-west USA. You can feel something’s in the air. You’ve just started your shift and someone calls in with a horrifying discovery. The next turn of events will be life-changing…
Become a radio DJ in this 80s slasher shredded adventure that’s certainly not child’s play. As summer turns to fall and the countdown to Halloween continues, will this be a silent night, deadly night? Or will the airwaves scream?
Use branching dialogues to interact with a variety of eccentric small-town personalities including potential victims and suspects. Explore your surroundings, gather clues, make decisions, solve satisfying riddles, and help each of your callers to survive the night.
Enjoy a fully voiced cast of characters, while tuning into a bevy of 1980s music, from classic rock inspired tracks to righteous synthwave tunes.
Explore an authentically detailed radio station and interact with dozens of physics-based objects straight from a bygone era, including a working cassette and record player.