Kojima sees 2009 as an important year in gaming, says the Euro/NA game industries are much better balanced, considers a break from being Japanese, and much more
Kojima has talked a bit about what he’s doing lately, and what he feels the game industry will accomplish in 2009. While not giving away any specific details, we do learn a bit about what is going on in Kojima’s world.
- Kojima appears to be working on 3 to 4 games
- Kojima is designing one of these games himself
- the project that he is self-designing should be able to see a quick release
- one project should be a major player in worldwide sales
- Kojima believes he can get out one game in 2009
- Kojima sees 2009 as being an extremely important year
There are also some choice quotes from Kojima…things you could only get from a guy as ‘interesting’ as him.
“The US and European marketplace are far better balanced. There are games everyone can play — maybe calling ‘kids’ games’ would be inappropriate — but there’s also a deep base of core titles made with movie-industry people that explore the depths of hi-def. I’m addicted to Left 4 Dead right now, but people say to me that that game would never work in Japan. Maybe I should quit being Japanese. And speaking of which, there were hardly any Japanese games nominated in Spike TV’s Video Game Awards this year. It’s sad to see that Japan’s games failed to even register in America last year.”