Just hanging out, waiting for the show to start. Nothing particularly exciting going on…but lots of loud music!
- Iwata takes the stage…I’ll try to keep the information to the interesting bits, instead of all the sales information.
- global shipments of Wii are confirmed at 50 million, making it the fastest selling game hardware in history
- lots of talk about Miyamoto’s design process…nothing new to discuss. We do get to stare at a giant picture of Miyamoto though!
- Wii Sports Boxing original prototype shown…very basic geometry.
- We find out that Nintendo’s developers had to learn dance moves in order to better tune their rhythm, which helped them to create Rhythm Tengoku/Rhythm Tengoku Gold
- Rock ‘N Roll Climber is about to be shown. Meter on bottom of screen shows shifting of weight on balance board. Use hands to climb across a mountain face. Climb the top of the mountain to pick up a guitar in-game and rock out…I’m not kidding.
- New Wii menu addition being shown, with SD icon that leads into a storage solution for WiiWare/VC. 240 titles held on single SD card. Wii System Menu 4 allows high capacity SD cards…so 32 meg cards are open for use. Wii Shop Channel will let you download directly to SD card. You can now play content directly off of SD card - VC/WiiWare and even Nintendo channels.
- new messages and options for System Menu 4.
- Wii System Menu 4.0 will be available for download today!
- FFCC: My Life as a Dark Lord hitting WiiWare this year
- FFIV: The After Years due out this year
- Final Fantasy hits VC this May in Japan, and then 5 more in the series will follow. Final Fantasy 1 and IV are confirmed thus far.
- Moving Memo Pad being shown once again. Reconfirming DSiWare release in states. We will be able to upload creations to a server, much like Japan.
- WarioWare Snapped! for DSiWare…same title we saw hit Japan. Once again, coming to the states.
- Virtual Console Arcade announced - Mappy, Space Harrier, Ishtar, Space Invaders and others. These are available for download today, but it is unclear whether or not this is in Japan right now.
- A sequel to Phantom Hourglass on the DS! Trailer is being shown. There’s Link shown as the conductor of a train…with train travel being the main method of getting around. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is the title. Due out this year
That’s the end!