You’ve got a great idea for a video game movie, but playing video games has ruined your attention span and you can’t concentrate long enough to make it. Fret no longer, gentle filmmaker! Attack of the Show can’t focus on anything for too long either, so we want you to send us a movie trailer inspired by your favorite video game or games. And no cheating - we want a movie that hasn’t been made yet. Hell - you can even make up the game it’s inspired by!
Your trailer will be sent to our G4 Panel to stand in judgment, where we will find the best entries based on creativity and technical execution. The top two finalists will then be hand-picked by our hosts, Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn. The best trailer will be chosen by Dr. Uwe Boll himself, and the final two teams will be flown to Fantastic Fest film festival in Austin, Texas (www.fantasticfest.com) where he will announce the winner himself to be revered and worshipped for all of eternity!!! Contest ends September 4, so get working.
Here are some guidelines for you to follow:
* No one under 18 may enter the contest.
* Make sure your video is well lit and your audio is recording properly.
* No profanity, nudity or offensive material. (Think PG-13 rating.)
* VIDEO LENGTH: 2 minutes or less. Seriously. Anything over 2 minutes won’t be considered.
* FILE SIZE: There is a 150MB limit on uploads. If you can’t make your video less than 150MB, you’re doing it wrong.
* Don’t use any videogame footage or music without permission from the owner.
Click here for a zip file (30MB) containing music that you can use in your trailer for free.
* For an example of the types of trailers we want to see, check out Attack of the Show’s fake trailer for Inspector Gadget.
* To be a finalist, you and your guest must be able to travel to Austin, Texas from September 26 through September 29, 2009.
* Please see the Official Rules for additional requirements and information.