RUMOR - Insider source says key partners in possession of NX dev kits, late 2016 release looking plausible
This info was obtained by MetalDave, a source we at GoNintendo have been using for years and years now. MetalDave has indeed gotten inside information correct multiple times in the past. There have also been some details that ended up incorrect. With that said, I believe his overall track record makes this information worthy of sharing.
For those wondering, MetalDave managed to get this information from an unnamed PlayStation 4 dev, and that source provided all sorts of proof to verify his identity/claims.
- Nintendo has key partners they are working with that already have Dev Kits (Second & Third party)
- this dev is working on a graphically demanding PlayStation 4 game that they would like to bring to NX
- this studio does not have Dev Kit’s themselves and have not received details on specs
- Nintendo has informed this dev of a date at which they can order an NX dev kit
- Nintendo is screening early Dev Kit access before the public developer date
- this process is extremely complex with a lot of paperwork to complete by both sides
- the dev kit timing/NDAs involved lead the dev to believe that a late 2016 release could happen