The Pokémon Go app may have only been released a month ago but it has become an instant global and cultural phenomenon. People all over the world have been using the game's GPS technology to track down and catch their favourite Pokémon in real-world locations, before training them up to battle other players in "gyms".
After consulting the kings of digital data SuperData, Guinness World Records can now confirm that Pokémon Go has set five incredible world records since its launch in July.
1. Most revenue grossed by a mobile game in its first month
2. Most downloaded mobile game in its first month
3. Most international charts topped simultaneously for a mobile game in its first month (downloads)
4. Most international charts topped simultaneously for a mobile game in its first month (revenue)
5. Fastest time to gross $100 million by a mobile game