The following info comes from 82 game specialist shop respondents to a Famitsu survey...
Switch satisfaction level
Very Satisfied 12 (14.6%)
Mostly Satisfied 25 (30.5%)
Normal 21 (25.6%)
Slightly Dissatisfied 6 (7.3%)
Dissatisfied 18 (22%)
- customer inquiries are more prominent than any hardware released in the past several years
- customer base is wide and the response is very positive
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is very popular
- not enough hardware and accessories available
- portability not found in the Wii U is good
- relatively high age group buying the system
What do you expect from future software?
Splatoon 2 received 50 votes and is seen as the ‘killer title’ with ‘explosive’ hardware sales expected at launch. Many players have bought the Switch for this title already. Positive feedback over the Global Testfire. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe received 37 votes and is praised as a family title and is the most frequently pre-ordered title. The next anticipated titles are Dragon Quest XI, ARMS, Fire Emblem Musou, Super Mario Odyssey and Spelunker.
What do you want from Nintendo Switch?
Retailers want a steady supply of hardware. Lack of accessories (Joy-Con charging grip is name-checked) is also disappointing. There is also a concern over the lack of women’s titles, a lack of family titles and a lack of third-party titles. People want more titles that use Tabletop and Portable mode.
Nintendo Switch first month sales
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (307,621)
Super Bomberman R (63,149)
Dragon Quest Heroes I・II for Nintendo Switch (39,244)
Puyo Puyo Tetris S (24,143)