The following data comes from IHS, a global information company with world-class experts in the pivotal areas shaping today's business landscape.
- Nintendo has sold 3.8 million consoles during Q4 so far
- estimates say Nintendo will end the year with 11.7 million consoles sold globally
- IHS had previously estimated the machine would sell 4.4 million machines this year, a figure which they've raised twice
- the 3.8 million number is from the end of September
- Nintendo has gotten a major surplus of the Switch out into retail for the holiday season