I'm not even going to pretend like I know what I'm talking about. This info was given an excellent breakdown by Epicmartin7_ on Reddit. It all pertains to info gleaned from datamining the latest Switch firmware update.
- added in the update was a title with the ID 0100000000000824
- this has the name "Mariko" and contains information about the new SoC "T214"
- Mariko seems like a codename
- however "SoC" means "System on a Chip", or processor
- "T214" most likely stands for "Tegra 214"
- currently the Switch uses a Tegra 210
All this could be pointing to a SoC revision, but it could be just to patch the bootrom exploit that was discovered awhile back. The thing is, Nintendo is almost guaranteed to not discuss any of this with the public, so we'll have to keep up with the dataminers to find out where this goes.