Ahead of its reveal at TGS 2018, we have some details on Umihara Kawase Fresh!. Looks like things will be changed up considerably this time around!
- Studio Saizensen is still working on the game
- Toshinobu Kondo is still handling character design,
- the "rubber engine" from the previous titles is being used
- no longer uses a traditional stage structure, and instead opts for an interconnected metroidvania-style map
- will include a quest system
- less skilled players can take the regular routes, while 'hardcore' players can take shortcuts meant for speedrunning