Detective Pikachu launched in Japan on May 3rd, 2019, and it seems to have had a solid start. Check out details on the launch below.
- 3rd most successful movie in Japan during the past weekend
- came in behind Case Closed and Avengers: Endgame
- shown on 417 screens
- no less than 347k went to see it during the weekend
- this generated 457 million Yen in revenue
- during the first 4 days, a total of 676k tickets were sold, pushing revenue to 984 million Yen
- expectations are for the movie to hit 2.5 billion Yen in Japan alone