Pokemon Sword and Shield is the biggest exclusive launch in the UK for 2019, which is a fancy way of saying it sold a lot of copies. Not surprisingly, that software launch pushed hardware sales as well. Check out details on how Switch hardware did in the UK over the last week below.
- Switch hardware sales rose more than 30% during the release of Pokémon Sword and Shield
- hardware sales spiked 75% the week previously
- almost 90,000 Switch units have been sold in the UK so far this month
- the regular Switch with increased battery life is the biggest seller
- Switch is the best-selling console in the UK this year so far, just ahead of PlayStation 4