Killer Queen Black has gotten a significant update called the 'Gemini' patch. Check out full patch notes for this update below.
We're incredibly excited to share our biggest update ever. The Gemini Patch, featuring cross-platform party support! Now players on all platforms can add each other as friends and party up for Quick Play, Ranked, and Custom matches. Additionally, Switch users should notice a significant performance improvement in both gameplay as well as controller responsiveness.
Our partnership with Network Next (https://www.networknext.com/) is now live! Players all over the world are eligible for faster connections to our game servers located in US West (California), US East (Ohio), Canada (Toronto), South America (San Paulo), EU West (London), EU East (Frankfurt), AP South (Syndey), and AP North (Tokyo).
Speaking of regions, check out region select (for PC only - releasing on Switch very soon). Choose your region(s) of desired play!
Gemini release notes:
Cross-platform party support
LiquidID - Each player, regardless of platform, will now have a unique ID
Game and controller performance improvements [Switch]
Remove idle timeout in local wireless
Voice chat UI now enabled in custom match lobby
Reduce AFK timeout 60s -> 30s
Network connectivity and latency improvements
Settles ties between queen assignment with mmr in ranked matches
Various small bug fixes and UI improvements
- Added space between the start hive zones
- Moved two berry piles from the top to under the hives
- Moved center berry pile to the underside of the center platform
- Moved two berry piles from the top of the map to the bottom of the snail platform near the center gate
- Changed top gate to Morning Star/Sheild from Speed/Shield
- Changed bottom gates to Sword/Speed from Sword/Morning Star
- Random hive exits removed, now the only exit from the hive you entered unless it is full