Sakurai's latest Famitsu column has come out, and it's a hot one. Sakurai addresses the discussion of Fire Emblem overload in Smash Bros. Ultimate, along with some other tidbits. Check out a summary of the discussion below, courtesy of BlackKite.
- The new fighters were not decided based on Sakurai's favorites
- the new characters were picked by Nintendo
- Sakurai believes there are too many Fire Emblem characters, as well as too many sword users
- Sakurai says this was the decision that was made, so he just continues on with work, as he has other things to consider
- since there are so many sword fighters, Sakurai gives each fighter exclusive tactics to use
- the 3 Hero Relics owned by the 3 house leaders in Fire Emblem: Three Houses are being included in move inputs