As most know, Platinum Games is set to reveal something new on Feb. 26th, 2020. That info happens to be in the latest issues of Famitsu, which has found its way to some subscribers in Japan. Here's a summary of what is discussed in that feature, which includes the first details on the just-revealed "Project GG."
- first game Platinum owns the IP of 100% and are self-publishing
- the game is completely different than anything they've made before, and they want to exceed and betray expectations
- "Viewtiful Joe is a transformative hero like Kamen Rider", "Wonderful 101 is a hero squadron", "GG is a huge hero."
- the action feel of the game is important but not the main focus of the title
- launching on all existing platforms, as long as they can
- the goal is to have 100 people working on it, but 15 people are actively working on it now
- this new 100-person team will be working at a new studio in Tokyo
- Tencent offered to publish and fund this game, but Platinum refused because they want full control and ownership
The feature also includes a little tease about the other 'Platinum 4' projects that are yet to be revealed. Apparently the last two games are new titles, and the last one in particular is a huge secret, and "very interesting."