The EMEAA (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia) numbers for Feb. 2020 have come in, and there's a ton to go through. Check out the massive breakdown of data below.
- FIFA 20 was the No.1 boxed product
- more than 10 million games were sold across EMEAA territories, a drop of 6.7% year-over-year
- the vast majority of sales last month came from digital downloads, accounting for almost 65% of all the sales recorded
- the No.1 country for game sales was the UK, followed by Germany and then France
- No.1 publisher was Ubisoft, with a 23.7% share of game sales
- Nintendo does not share digital data
- in terms of purely physical game sales, Nintendo was the No.1 games publisher with a 18.8% market share of all boxed games
- Switch was the #1 hardware, comfortably ahead of PlayStation 4
- the Neon Switch was the most successful individual console SKU
- Switch sales are up slightly year-on-year
- 257,819 game consoles were sold during February, which generated 69.1 million Euros (25% drop in revenue/units)
- 3.1 million accessories, points cards and toys-to-life items were sold across EMEAA retail regions last month
- this generated 94.4 million Euros in revenue, which is a drop of 7.8% in units, and 5.9% in revenue year-over-year
- the No.1 toys-to-life product was the amiibo Animal Crossing Cards: Series 3.
- UK was the No.1 market for accessories, points cards and toys-to-life products, followed by France and then Spain