28 October, Targu Mures, Romania – After charming players the world over last year on PC, Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure is available today on the Nintendo Switch! Developed by Transylvanian animators turned game developers and brought to life via Kickstarter, Stuck in Attic’s unorthodox tale has been praised for its personality, animation style and its throwback to genre classics. Find out how weirdly wonderful it is by checking out the Nintendo Switch trailer above.
In this comedy cosmic horror, play as detective Don R. Keytype as he searches for the Necronomicon, as well as librarian Buzz Kerwan who, after coming across the ancient book of spells, accidentally bestows his cat with the power of speech. The three must then work together to keep the book out of the reach of evil and restore this cynical cat’s quiet life.
“As lovers and makers of adventure games, we're so thrilled to have our first game on the Nintendo Switch. As we were porting it, we were giddy with how at home an essentially PC genre could feel on a console. We can't wait for players to experience Gibbous, a classic-style point and click adventure, on the go or from their couches. It's one of the best moments in our careers,” said Liviu Boar, Creative Director at Stuck In Attic.
- Over 60 hand-painted, detailed environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
- Fluid traditional 2D animation
- Two protagonists and a talking ca-- Okay, three. Three protagonists
- 70+ fully voiced characters, including a special guest appearance by Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher
- A lush original soundtrack featuring live instruments
- Integrated hint system to help you when you’re stuck
- Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace
- No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names
- Did we mention the talking cat?