You are viewing a story from GN Version 4.0. Time may not have been kind to formatting, integrity of links, images, information, etc.
Live broadcasting by Ustream
- Wii U supports full HD 1080p, uses a "GPGPU." Main mem: 1 GB. System: 1 GB. Total: 2GB
- Games use only 1 GB of main memory. System memory is for OS. Game discs 25 GB, 22.5 MB/s
- browser can be used while playing
- The Wii U consumes up to 75 watts of electricity
- import your Virtual Console and Wii Ware games from the Wii at launch
- 40 watts is average for the system
- Wii mode for Wii games
- low latency for GamePad
- watch videos, play games on the GamePad
- You can do multiplayer using a GamePad and several Wii remotes. Dual-screen play possible
- "Play together on Wii U, play alone on Wii U".
- Vertical stand, GamePad stand set to be available.
- Pro Controller: ~5000 yen.
- NSMBU and NintendoLand to go on sale on launch day, for ~6000 and ~5000 yen
- NSMBU is the 1st Mario game to launch with a Nintendo system since N64
- 2 SKU's premium and basic set
- Wii MotionPlus, Nunchuk, Sensor Bar bundle for 5,250 yen
- standard set is 8GB, premium is 32GB
- due out Dec. 8th
- Nintendo Network Premium runs through 12/2014. Premium includes controller stands.
- Nintendo Network Premium provides points for purchases, 10% back on digital purchases.