Rev up your engines – the sixth and final wave of the Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is here! With this wave, all 48 additional courses are available as the content circuit is completed, doubling the base game’s offerings to give players a whopping total of 96 courses from across the series to zoom through.
Wave 6 features the Acorn Cup and the Spiny Cup, which add eight memorable courses from the Super NES™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™ and Mario Kart Tour games. Each course can be played locally or online. Cups are divided as follows:
Acorn Cup o Tour Rome Avanti – Ciao! Zip around the Eternal City and navigate historic landmarks as you dash beneath the moonlight in this city course from Mario Kart Tour.
GCN DK Mountain – There’s a rumble in the jungle! Keep your cool as you wind up and down a volcano, dodge falling boulders and speed over swaying bridges in this wild raceway.
Wii Daisy Circuit – Take the scenic route through a seaside resort at sunset and loop around Princess Daisy and Luigi fountains in this idyllic course originating from Mario Kart Wii, but don’t stop to smell the flowers for too long!
Piranha Plant Cove – Ride among the reefs and ruins as you discover what lies beneath the waves in an underwater race filled with twists, turns, Thwomps and other obstacles!
Tour Madrid Drive – Take to the streets of Spain in this lively city course inspired by Madrid. Hit the gas but watch out for any pesky soccer balls on the field that may come between you and your goal!
3DS Rosalina’s Ice World – Bundle up for an icy excursion and try not to slip up as you weave through icicles, snowy caves and frigid waters in a course that draws inspiration from the Super Mario Galaxy™ game!
SNES Bowser Castle 3 – Want to prove who really rules the road? Crank up the heat as you drive, drift and glide over pools of lava in Bowser’s signature castle from the Super Mario Kart game.
Wii Rainbow Road – Race through space and soar among the stars on a twisty, prismatic path. This colorful and dynamic course is known for removing the guardrails, so make sure you stay on track!
Plus, more familiar faces are added to the roster of racers! The peanut-popping powerhouse Diddy Kong, who made his karting debut in the Mario Kart: Double Dash™!! game, and the bodacious Funky Kong, from the Mario Kart Wii game, are here and ready to peel off from the pack and take first place! But that’s not all – Pauline and Peachette are also heading up to the starting line to reprise their racing roles from the Mario Kart Tour game!
Need another boost? Players with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass adds 16 additional Mii Racing Suits, with a bonus Daisy Racing Suit obtainable by scanning any Daisy amiibo! Don’t forget to crank up the tunes, too – the new Music Player feature allows all Mario Kart 8 Deluxe players to listen to music from each course, so you can bop along to your favorite beats during any pit stop.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has also been updated to Ver. 3.0.0, and you can see the full patch notes below.
Support for DLC
Added paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 6 (two cups, eight courses, four characters, 17 Mii racing suits).
Added “Music” button to the top menu.
This is a feature where you can listen to the background music that plays during the game, as you like. Even players who don’t own the Booster Course Pass can listen to the background music of the DLC courses.
Added feature where other players who aren’t friends can join in a Room.
After creating a room, press the + Button or – Button to display the Room ID on the Room screen, and tell your fellow racers the Room ID.The other racers can join by entering the Room ID in “Search by Room ID.”
- Made it so that you can create a Room even if you have 0 friends registered.
- Added staff credits for the Booster Couse Pass.
- Increased the invincibility time of a portion of characters and vehicle customizations.
- Made it so that you can’t acquire strong items when taking an Item Box by stopping or driving in reverse, or taking an Item Box that is in same location multiple times during a race.
- Shortened the time between when an Item Box is acquired by someone until it is restored.
- Lowered the appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc in “Worldwide” and “Regional.”
- Made it so you can acquire the “Varia Suit” when using a Metroid series amiibo.
- Made it so you can acquire the “Hylian Suit” when using a Legend of Zelda series amiibo.
- Made it so you can acquire the “Kirby Suit” when using a Kirby series amiibo.
- Made it so you can acquire the “Daisy Suit” when using a Daisy amiibo.
- Fixed an issue where no Bob-omb car blows up in Wii Moonview Highway, but a Bob-omb car blows up for someone you are playing with online.
- Fixed an issue where, when racing against a Ghost in Time Trials on Yoshi’s Island, the red road would not appear even though the Ghost touched the Winged Cloud.