Don't get cooked and stay off the hook!
Nintendo is back with new information on what awaits us in Splatoon 3, and this time, we learned that Off the Hook is back in action, and they’re bigger than ever, as they have expanded to include new musicians in their team while they were on tour, they reformed as “Damp Socks feat. Off the Hook”. Listen to their latest song above, “Candy-Coated Rocks.” Splatoon 3 launches for Nintendo Switch on September 9th, 2022.
Dragalia Lost, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Pokémon Café ReMix, and Pokémon Masters EX have all received a content update. Check out the full details for each game below via perfectly-nintendo.com.
The Pokémon Company has revealed a new set of Saiko Soda plush toys; these plushies are designed to have a retro look. They teamed up with the illustrator F*Kaori to give us four new plushies: Pichu, Phanpy, Smoochum, and Jirachi. Each one is priced at 1,430 yen (about $10 USD), and you’ll be able to buy them starting from July 2nd, 2022, at Pokémon Center stores.
You can check the previous plushies in the Saiko Soda Refresh series here.
Just yesterday, Nintendo left us a tease to speculate what the next tour would be about, and it seems we didn’t have to wait for a long time as they have officially revealed the “Bangkok Tour.” The tour will start on June 28th, 2022, at 11:00 pm PT (June 29th at 8:00 am CEST)
Nintendo UK has released a new trailer for the launch of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. The latest in the warriors series from Koei Tecmo. Play as Shez as they team up with Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude to fight for the future of Fódlan.
About the game (click here for more info):
Join Fire Emblem: Three Houses characters as you engage in massive battles across a war-torn Fódlan. Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and other Fire Emblem: Three Houses characters return to put their combat expertise on display. Unleash devastating combos and stunning special moves in action-packed, real-time combat. Cut through hordes of enemies as characters from the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game. Take down dozens of foes with Edelgard’s axe or Dimitri’s lance, or blast enemies from a distance with Claude’s bow. Slash, swing and spear your way to a brighter future for Fódlan.
Growbot, a 2D Sci-Fi point & click adventure game, published by ASH Games, is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 14th, 2022.
You play as Nara, a growbot in training to become a captain, trying to save your home space station from a dark crystalline force.
About the game:
Growbot is a 2D point&click adventure about a robot saving her home from a dark crystalline force. Set upon a beautiful biopunk space station bursting with fantastic plants and aliens, you play as Nara, a growbot in training to become a captain. When your station home is attacked by rapidly growing crystals, it’s down to you to save it. The game is inspired by classic adventure games like Loom, modern adventure games like Machinarium, and aims to appeal to both seasoned and new gamers.
• Explore a beautiful space station and repair its strange machinery.
• Interact with fantastic plants and aliens.
• Collect the sounds of flowers and combine them to create powerful shields.
• Meet a fluffy white hologram called Star Belly with a galaxy inside.
• Unearth a tale of flower power with twisted roots.
• Art by award winning illustrator Lisa Evans.
• Beautiful music by musician Jessica Fichot.
Nintendo has revealed four new hairstyles that will be available in Splatoon 3 for both Inkling and Octoling, coming all the way from the Squid Research Lab. Technically, they’re tentacles, but who says that tentacles can’t be stylish in their own way. Splatoon 3 launches for Nintendo Switch on September 9th, 2022.
Cities: Skyline’s official Twitter account has revealed that the game has sold over 12 million units worldwide across all platforms, and that includes the Switch version, which was released in September 2018.
Cities Skyline is a single-player city-building simulator game published by Paradox Interactive and developed by Colossal Order. You create and maintain your own city by building roads, public services/ transportations, and more. You can check out more information here.
About the game:
Cities: Skylines is a modern take on a classic city builder. With original gameplay to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city. Boasting fully realized transport and economy systems, Cities: Skylines is designed to suit any play style - and now, anytime, anywhere.
More portable than ever, the new Nintendo Switch™ Edition of this best-selling city builder comes complete with reworked UI, designed especially for Switch, along with two of Cities: Skylines’ most popular expansions - After Dark and Snowfall.
Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Constructing your city from the ground up is easy to learn, but hard to master. Playing as the mayor, you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements like education, healthcare and much more along with your city’s real economy system. Citizens in your city react fluidly, with gravitas and an air of authenticity to a multitude of gameplay scenarios.
Nintendo Switch edition exclusive: Using HD Rumble, a rumble effect helps find the most efficient area to place service buildings in your city. Pro controllers are also supported, and additional tutorials help guide your first playthrough for a better learning experience.
Extensive local traffic simulation: Colossal Order’s extensive experience developing the Cities in Motion series is put to work in fully fleshed out, well-crafted transport systems.
Districts and Policies: Be more than just an administrator from city hall. Designating parts of your city as a district results in the application of policies which results in you rising to the status of Mayor for your own city.
After Dark: Focused on leisure and tourist specialization, this expansion’s central feature is to utilize the day and night cycle and alter the approach to managing your city. Will you construct a bustling city that lives and breathes at night, or succumb to the perils and misadventures of the dark hours?
Snowfall: The difficulty heats up when the city cools down, thanks to this expansion’s added challenges and assets, like snow maps, streetcars, and heating systems. There are in-game temperature readings, cosmetic weather enhancements, extra parks, and infrastructural demands to keep your citizens warm and safe from freezing conditions.
Dragalia Lost, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Mario Kart Tour, Pokémon Café ReMix, and Pokémon Masters EX have all received a content update. Check out the full details for each game below via perfectly-nintendo.com.
- [Events] The following Events are now live: Special water-attuned adventurer upgrade event, Double-drops and half-stamina event for certain main campaign chapters (available until June 29th)
Fire Emblem Heroes:
- [Events] The latest Hall of Forms event is now live. It features the following Heroes: Sara (Lady of Loptr), Ronan (Villager of Iz), Asbel (Windswept Youth), and Kempf (Conniving General) (available until July 6th)
- [Manga] Chapter 236 of the official Fire Emblem Heroes manga is now available: click here to check it out! (no end date)
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp:
- [Crafting] The following is now available via Reissue Crafting: Special Furniture (Digby’s hammock, Harvey’s wood cabin), Bubble Bonanza (available until June 28th)
Mario Kart Tour:
- [Tours] Part 2 of the 72nd Tour, the Metropolitan Tour, is now live (available until June 29th)
- [Pipe] The 2nd Metropolitan Pipe (featuring Rosalina (Volendam), Luigi (Painter), Flower Kart, Green Sprout (Glider), Painster, Flying Easel (Glider)) is now available (available until June 29th)
- [Store] The following is now available in the Store: Tulip Corsage Pack, Mario (Golf) Pack (available until June 29th)
Pokémon Café ReMix:
- [Stages] A new set of Main Orders is now available: 1 176 to 1 200 (no end date)
Pokémon Masters EX:
- [Events] The latest Special Event, Rival Challenge, has been updated with the following: New Mission (available until July 4th)
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the .hack series, June 20th, 2002, is when the first entry was released on the PS2, and to celebrate, Bandai Namco has released a trailer detailing the multiple campaigns that will take place throughout the coming months, the campaigns range from releasing a 20th-anniversary book to an exhibit in Tokyo. The details for each campaign can be seen below via Gematsu.
(1) Release of .hack//20th Anniversary Book
Release Date: July 19, 2022
- This anniversary book covers all 20 years of .hack, starting back with the very first title on PS2, .hack//Infection Vol.1!
(2) .hack//20th Anniversary Exhibit
Period: August 9, 2022 to August 28, 2022
Location: Yurakucho Marui in Chiyoda, Tokyo
- “We will be holding our series’ first-ever exhibit at Yurakucho Marui in Chiyoda, Tokyo.”
(3) Release of Numerous 20th Anniversary Goods
- Commemorative Art Book: .hack//20th Game Art Works
Release Date: December 2022
- Commemorative CD: .hack//20th Best
Release Date: December 2022
Total of three volumes, all to release on the same date!
(4) Limited-Time Sale of Digital Publications of .hack Starting Today
Period: June 20, 2022 to July 4, 2022 at 23：59 JST
- Digital publications are sold only in Japan. For more details, please see the CyberConnect2 official website.
We also just learned Bandai Namco had filed a trademark for “Last Recollection” in the United States and Canada on April 13th, 2022. We already know that they filed the same trademark in Japan and Europe back in April, and speculations were that this could be for a new .hack collection that would contain the first four entries of the series, since the last four games were already released as .hack//G.U Last Recode (available on Switch). However, everything surrounding the trademark is still speculation as Bandai Namco has not officially revealed anything.
Publisher Sometimes You has revealed that their point & click detective game, Almost My Floor, developed by Potata is headed to Nintendo Switch on July 1st, 2022. If you pre-order the game now, you’ll receive a 20% discount.
About the game:
Almost My Floor - point & click detective in a frightening atmosphere of sinister nightmares. Each step may end up fatal. Solve the mystery of the house #9 residents or go crazy. Labyrinth of endless floors will not let go of their victim without a fight.
For Alex, this is the story of a long journey home. All that dwells inside exists between fiction and reality. It is time to face the monsters, meet the other house residents and determine their fate. But the most important thing is to escape the depths of terror… and try to remain sane afterwards.
For Detective Adam Trust, unraveling secrets is the life’s work. He’s not keen on giving up, so he will learn everything there is to learn about house #9. Although this time, the price of his ambition may end up too high.
- Two main characters with different perspectives on history
- Various paths to pass
- Locations and characters drawn in comic book art style
- Interesting puzzles that will keep you thinking for a short while
- Death awaits at every corner
- Monsters will keep living on in your nightmares
Dragalia Lost, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, and Pokémon Masters EX have all received a content update. Check out the full details for each game below via perfectly-nintendo.com.
- [Events] The returning Invasion Event, The Children of Yggdrasil, is now live (available until June 30th, with Rewards available until July 7th)
- [Endeavours] A new set of Endeavours is now available: The Children of Yggdrasil (available until June 30th)
- [Log-in Bonus] A new set of Daily Log-in Bonuses is now live: The Children of Yggdrasil Bonus (available until June 30th)
- [Treasure Trade] The following Wyrmprints are now available permanently: A Royal Tea Party, Hospitality & Harmony, The Nobles’ Day Off, BFFs!, A Butler’s Smile, Hand in Hand (no end date)
- [Manga] Chapter 461 of the official Dragalia Lost 4-koma manga, Dragalia Life, is now available! Click here to check it out (also available from within the game itself) (no end date)
Fire Emblem Heroes:
- [Summoning] A new Summoning Focus is now live: Three Hopes Release Event 13. It features the following Heroes: Mercedes (Kindly Devotee), Ingrid (Solstice Knight), and Annette (Overachiever) (available until June 24th)
- [Events] The latest Double EXP & SP event is now live (available until June 24th)
- [Summoning] A returning Summoning Focus is now live: Summer Passing. It features the following Special Heroes: Joshua (Tropical Gambler), Lute (Summer Prodigy), Selena (Sandbar Fluorspar), and Mia (Harmonic Blades) (available until June 30th)
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp:
- [Goals] A new set of time-limited Goals is now available: Violet Sea Snail Goals (available until June 23rd)
Pokémon Masters EX:
- [Events] The latest Special Event, Rival Challenge, is now live (available until July 4th)
- [Missions] A new set of Event Missions is now available: Rival Challenge (available until July 4th)
- [Scout] The 5★-Guaranteed Main Character Special Scout is now live. It features the following Sync Pairs: Lucas & Dialga, Red & Snorlax, and Leaf & Eevee (available until July 4th)
- [Scout] The Main Character Poké Fair Scout is now live. It features the following Sync Pairs: Lucas & Dialga, Red & Snorlax, and Gloria & Zacian (available until July 4th)
Each issue of Famitsu provides us with the results of their “Most Wanted” feature, which is a reader poll to see what games people are chomping at the bit to play.
The top 30 games from this week’s issue have been revealed, and once again, just like last week, Splatoon 3 took the top spot on the list, while Xenoblade Chronicles 3 took the second spot overall. Read on below to see the top 30 overall, with votes being cast between June 2nd and June 8th, 2022.
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 710 votes
- [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 684 votes
- [PS5] Final Fantasy XVI – 663 votes
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X Offline – 461 votes
- [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 435 votes
- [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 429 votes
- [NSW] Live A Live – 408 votes
- [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 334 votes
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 307 votes
- [NSW] Ushiro – 260 votes
- [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes – 223 votes
- [PS4] Soul Hackers 2 – 217 votes
- [NSW] Metal Max: Wild West – 146 votes
- [PS5] Soul Hackers 2 – 133 votes
- [PS5] Pragmata – 127 votes
- [PS5] Dragon Quest X Offline – 125 votes
- [NSW] Anonymous;Code – 124 votes
- [NSW] Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series – 122 votes
- [PS4] Star Ocean 6 – 120 votes
- [PS4] Witch on the Holy Night – 117 votes
- [PS4] Dragon Quest X Offline – 106 votes
- [PS5] Star Ocean 6 – 101 votes
- [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II – CRIMSON SiN – 99 votes
- [PS4] Anonymous;Code – 85 votes
- [NSW] Witch on the Holy Night – 83 votes
- [PS4] Granblue Fantasy Relink – 80 votes
- [PS4] Capcom Fighting Collection – 74 votes
- [PS4] Fairy Fencer F: Refrain Chord – 67 votes
- [PS5] Hogwarts Legacy – 66 votes
- [PS4] EVE ghost enemies – 61 votes
Capcom has released a bunch of TV commercials in Japan in anticipation of the release of Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak; some of these commercials feature the actor Yuki Yamada and the Japanese comedian ZAZY. Check out the commercials below.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak launches on June 30th, 2022, for the Nintendo Switch; pre-order here.
The release date of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is just around the corner, and as the release of the game gets closer, the marketing ramps up, and Koei Tecmo has just released a short TV commercial showing a glimpse of everything from cutscenes to some gameplay action. If you’re looking for a more detailed trailer, then you can find one here.