Troggo Studio, in association with Mustin Enterprises, LLC, have teamed up for 20, a limited edition 500-print run retrospective vinyl celebrating the 20 year anniversary of The OneUps.
Since their first show in 2002, The OneUps have performed their unique arrangements of video game music at many Penny Arcade eXpos (PAX), Music And Gaming Festivals (MAGFest), and countless nerdy weddings. The band has been hired to perform by Microsoft and GitHub. They have performed on stage with Yoko Shimomura (composer of “Street Fighter II,” “Kingdom Hearts”), David Wise (composer of “Donkey Kong Country,” “Battletoads”), and Lena Raine (composer of “Celeste,” “Minecraft”). With over 30,000+ CDs sold and nearly 30 million streams on Spotify alone, the band will celebrate its 20th year by performing at the 20th MAGFest on Jan. 6, 2023.
The album artwork includes excerpts from an exclusive interview conducted by Larry Oji, community manager of OverClocked ReMix. Throughout the text interview, QR codes allow the reader to view video footage from the band’s archive, including a link to the video interview in its entirety, totaling over two hours. With additional photos and over 32,000 characters in fan stories uniquely assembled to make additional artwork, this is the most thorough collection of the band’s history ever compiled. 20 is available for pre-order today, with the vinyl shipping mid-November:
The album features one track from each of the band’s eight mainline albums:
- The Legend of Zelda - Bossa De Link [Volume 1]
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone [Volume 2]
- Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road [Super Mario Kart Album]
- Super Metroid - Space Warrior Sound Machine [Intergalactic Redux]
- TMNT II: The Arcade Game - Super Solar Sewer System [Intergalactic Continuum]
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Vampire Roadshow [Songs for the Recently Deceased]
- F-Zero - Port Authority [Part Seven]
- Super Mario Odyssey - Steam Gardens [Volume 4]
If you’d like to pre-order a copy of this album, you can do so through this link.