Dead Cells 'Boss Rush' update now live on Switch
Big boss, man!
As we previously discussed, Dead Cells has gotten its Boss Rush update as of today. We’ve already shared the patch notes for this update, but just in case you missed them, you can read the full rundown below once again.
- Community suggestion New game mode: Boss Rush!
There is a new area, accessible through the basement door in Prisoner’s Quarters where you access the Training Room and the Tailor. Once you’ve gone through the basement door, just follow the corridor until you come to the third door with the red boss head next to it. Through this door, you’ll find another 4 doors, leading to 4 different stages where you will fight:
- 3 Bosses
- 3 Bosses with Modifiers
- 5 Bosses
- 5 Bosses with Modifiers
The bosses are randomly selected from the following tiers:
- Tier 1 – Concierge, Conjunctivius, Mama Tick
- Tier 2 – Time Keeper, The Giant, The Scarecrow
- Tier 3 – Hand of the King, The Servants (just the final fight, not the entire tower!), The Queen
The stages with 3 bosses back-to-back will pit you against one Tier 1 boss, then one Tier 2 and finally, you guessed it, one Tier 3. Simple! The stages with 5 bosses follow a similar path, but here you’ll be fighting two Tier 1 bosses, then two Tier 2s, then one Tier 3. Not quite so simple…
Added new Bosses Modifiers
In the door 2 and 4 of the Boss Rush, you will fight Bosses with Modifiers, which means we’ve given them even more ways to kick your ass. Think extra limbs, healing powers, buddies to help them kill you. All the good stuff!
New customizable Statue
You’ve got a fan, and they’re making a statue of you! Unlock statue parts as you progress through the Boss Rush, and use them to make your own customized sculpture.
New Ranged Weapon: Glyphs of Peril – The lower your health, the more attacks this weapon has in its combo (up to 7 hits). Crits from the third hit onwards.
New Skill: Taunt – Enrage the enemy right in front of you, causing them to attack and move quicker, but also take more melee damage.
New Mutation: Wish– Wish for a great item and you’ll get it! The next one you pick will be upgraded to Legendary quality. Only one use, and this mutation get locked in your loadout once it triggers, though.
8 new Outfits, unlocked through the Boss Rush.
New/updated Legendary affixes:
Spartan Sandals: Super Bump (New affix: greatly increases the knockback of the weapon) Oil Sword: Oil on Kill (New affix: spreads oil on the ground on kill)
Flint: Instant Charge (New affix: all attacks are fully charged without needing to hold the button)
Katana: Deflect Bullets (New affix: all uncharged attacks deflect bullet (but not grenades))
Killing Deck: Random Effect (New affix: every card applies a random debuff on targets)
Money Shooter: Pay to win (New affix: refund the shot’s cost if it kills a target + innate super pierce. Can trigger multiple times if a shot kills several enemies.)
Bump Shield: Super Bump
Shockwave: Super Bump
Pollo Power: Miracle of Life (New affix: eggs hatch into chicks that attack nearby enemies)
Graphics & UI
- Added a quick loading screen when using Return Stones.
- Fixed Rapier and Meat Skewer not hitting small enemies.
- Fixed the player not teleporting when falling into the Lighthouse fire with Gold Plating equipped.
- Fixed Auto-Hit disabling itself while in Custom Mode
- Fixed the “Curses leave you with 1HP instead of killing you” Custom Mode option showing up when not unlocked.
- Fixed Legendary Affixes duplicating themselves when on Symmetrical Lance
- Fixed “Curses leave you with 1HP instead of killing you” Custom Mode option working only once per run. It will now trigger every 45 seconds.
- Fixed a crash when using Porcupack on a Thorny.
- Fixed Shop Mimic keeping aggro even when the player was Invisible.
- Fixed players with curses getting locked out of their weapons after completing the Bank Platforming Challenge.
- Arrow Affixes and Grenade Affixes now properly scale with item damage multipliers. Update 31.1