Nearing the finish line
The most recent issue of Famitsu has an interview with STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life Producer Hikaru Nakano and Director Rika Hoshina, and the duo had a lot of interesting tidbits to share. Most notably, it appears that development on STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life is speeding right along, as the duo claims the game is now 99% complete. While STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life doesn’t release in NA/EU until Summer 2023, the title is slated for January 2023 release in Japan, so the 99% complete comment makes a lot more sense with that in mind.
Multiple topics were discussed concerning STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life, and you can see a bullet point breakdown of everything mentioned below.
- this remake adds a lot of new scenes to focus on the idea of family
- the game’s life simulator elements are a key component to the game
- you can unlock numerous scenes featuring the various bachelors and bachelorettes
- the team struggled with balancing the original content and content for the remake
- the goal was to present a challenge like the original did, but without being daunting
- gamers complained that Harvest Moon was too dark in tone due to animal deaths
- the birth of animals will signify life in STORY OF SEASONS, making for a brighter tone
- the team had to change Marlin’s hairstyle to better fit in with his backstory
- the team didn’t have to change much of anything with Rock.