GrimGrimoire remaster announced for Switch
Once more, with feeling...
This week’s issue of Famitsu has revealed that Nippon Ichi Software and developer Vanillaware are remastering the 2007 real-time strategy PS2 game GrimGrimoire for Switch. This remaster, titled GrimGrimoire OnceMore, will launch for the Switch in Japan on July 28th, 2022, and is priced at 5,478 yen.
As this is a remaster of a 15-year-old title, there will be some new and tweaked features included. That list of changes and additions includes the following:
- New System: “Great Magic” – Four types of “Great Magic” that can be used during battle have been implemented. Activated with newly illustrated cut-ins.
- High-resolution graphics and widescreen aspect ratio.
- “Fast-Forward” function for battle and story parts.
- “Mid-Battle Save” function for battle parts.
- The difficulty level of “Hard” mode has been adjusted to be more challenging than the original version.
- New System: Skill Tree – Earn coins by completing tasks set for each stage. Coins can be used to strengthen familars. Coins can also be refunded.
- Gallery Mode – Enjoy various illustrations.
- New voice cast:
Lillet Blan (voiced by Iori Saeki), Margarita Surprise (voiced by Miharu Hanai), Gammel Dore (voiced by Miharu Hanai), and Advocat (voiced by Hiromichi Tezuka)
Vanillaware is great (especially their art) but this doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.
Yay more Vanillaware. Here's to hoping we get the updated Muramasa ported from Vita someday, too I wouldn't say no to Switch ports of Dragon's Crown or the Odin Sphere remaster either.
Holy crap, finally! I have this game on PS2, and it is fantastic. I've always wanted a port to modern consoles, because I haven't had my PS2 hooked up in ages.
I keep buying this game because of the name. Maybe one day I'll manage to actually play it.