Just the other day, NetherRealm Studios released a teaser for whatever comes next in the Mortal Kombat series. That teaser, seen above, seems to indicate that the franchise is in for a bit of a reset. Today, rumor has it that reset will see release on Switch.
While no official information on the next Mortal Kombat game has been revealed, we do have rumored details from Billbil-kun, a leaker who has been proven to have inside information in the past. They’ve apparently gotten the inside scoop on what’s next for Mortal Kombat, and here’s what they’ve heard.
- game is titled Mortal Kombat 1
- will be priced $59.99 USD on Switch
- there will be premium and ‘kollectors’ editions
- reveal coming in the next few weeks
- targeting a September 2023 launch
- character pass will feature various properties owned by Warner Brothers, including Peacemaker from the DC Universe, and possibly Homelander from comic book series The Boys
Again, everything you see above is nothing more than a rumor at this stage. Hopefully we get confirmation on these details in the near future.