Watch out for the crypto bros
Developer Bigosaur has announced that they’re bringing Crypto Miner Tycoon Simulator to the Switch on Aug. 17th, 2023. We don’t have any information on pricing or file size at this time.
Crypto Miner Tycoon Simulator is a complete simulation of the cryptocurrency mining business. There are multiple scenarios available. In the first one, you start as a teenager whose wealthy father is hyped about digital currency. He isn’t really tech savvy, so he gives you some cash and challenges you to build a crypto mining business:
- Relive mining history
- Start in your bedroom in 2010
- Historically accurate coin exchange rates
- Various events including new hardware unlocks
- Speed up the game clock up to 28800x
The game uses real prices for coins, but your actions can change the course of history. For example, you can set up a PR department that will influence the media and hype some coins up or down.
- Build mining rigs
- Assemble rigs from PC parts
- Install software
- Use racks to organize space and direct heat
- Replace broken parts and outdated components
A custom C++ game engine was written specially for this game in order to support 1000’s of mining hardware units per facility.
- Mine coins
- Play through the CPU, GPU, FPGA and ASIC mining era
- Mine Bitcoin, Ethereum and more…
- Realistic network hash rates
- Manage power, heat, noise, dust
Build datacenters with cooling systems and low dust levels. Keep noise down in research labs.
- Manage your company
- buy or rent new offices
- hire people
- set work shifts and task priorities
- pay monthly bills and wages
You can unlock overtime work by upgrading your management skill or hiring professional managers.
- develop employee skills
- create research labs
- discover new technology before competition
- create your own coin and launch the ICO
Each game scenario has a special research goal related to the story.
- Customize your character
- Set dress code for employees
- Use whichever currency you like ($, GBP, EUR, RUB, CNY…)
- Imperial and metric system supported