Switch continues to impress
The latest gaming sales data for Europe have come in, and it gives us a look at how things went down in August of 2023. Let’s kick things off with the top 20 software sales of the month. Please note that Nintendo titles mentioned in the top 20 do not include digital sales, while other titles do.
We also have some general info on hardware and industry-wide sales for the month as well.
- 10.7 million video games from AAA publishers were sold across Europe last month
- that makes for a rise of 29% over August last year
- FIFA 23 saw a particularly big spike in sales on Switch thanks to a sale
- as far as single-platform games go, the best-selling game of the month was Zelda: TotK
- the second best-selling single-platform game of the month was Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
- the PS4 version of Red Dead Redemption accounted for nearly two thirds of sales
- Quake 2 just missed out on the top 20 for the month, landing at 23
- hardware sales are up 67% compared with August last year
- Switch sales were up just under 1% compared with August last yea