Switch sales see a big boost
The latest sales data in the UK for September 2023 are in. here’s a dive into the top 10 software sales in the UK with further details below it. This breakdown includes both the top 10 physical and digital in separate charts.
In terms of hardware, we don’t have actual units sold per platform, but we do have data on placement in the charts.
- 176k units sold across all platforms
- PS5 was #1, but saw a 4% drop month-on-month
- Xbox was #2, but saw a 33% drop month-on-month
- Switch was #3, but saw a 15% rise month-over-month
- the Mario red OLED Switch accounted for 6.2% of Switch sales last month
Last but not least, we have some data on game sales in general for the month.
- 1.6 million digital games were sold in the UK during October, a drop of 24% year-over-year
- physical game sales are up slighty (+8%) to 1.08 million games sold
- EA Sports FC 24’s first week sales are 16% lower than last year’s FIFA 23
- Super Mario Bros Wonder is the third biggest physical game of the month
- Super Mario Bros Wonder is the biggest Mario launch on Switch
- SMBW had 3,000 more sales after two weeks than 2017’s Super Mario Odyssey
- SMBW had 13,000 more sales than 2020’s Super Mario 3D All-Stars
- Sonic Superstars is at No.26 in digital and No.9 in physical
- Sonic Superstars sold significantly better in a box than it did as a download
- Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Volume 1 hit No.11 in digital and No.15 in physical
- Red Dead Redemption reached No.10 due to the arrival of the boxed version