2D action-brawler 'Jitsu Squad' announced for Switch
Featuring music from Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli
The wacky-chaotic 2D action-brawler, Jitsu Squad, made its debut as a Kickstarter project early last year before eventually seeing a PC release via Steam in March 2022. Developed by Tanuki Creative Studio, publisher ININ Games has now confirmed that Jitsu Squad will be getting a console release in Q4 2022, with Nintendo Switch being one of the listed platforms. Of course, it will be available digitally via the eShop, but standard physical editions will also be sold at retailers, while special limited editions will be available exclusively via Gamesrocket.com. Check out the latest trailer for Jitsu Squad above and more details below via the press release.
Jitsu Squad is a fast-paced fighting game inspired by old-school brawlers, paired with the intense and exciting fights of modern beat ‘em ups. Play alone or with up to four people in co-op mode against waves of enemies while amassing massive combo-chains and unleashing powerful and flashy super moves. To set the right mood for 90s fighting games, Jitsu Squad not only comes with a hand-drawn cartoon look and stunning visual effects but also music by none other than Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music.
Check out the new trailer to experience the flashy gameplay and Johnny’s energetic vocals.
Story Containing the soul of a powerful demon, the legendary Kusanagi Stone can grand godly powers to those who awaken it but has remained hidden over the centuries. Now, the wicked sorcerer Origami, destroyer of worlds and lord of darkness, has summoned ancient warriors to find the stone for him, cursing their souls and turning them into animals. Luckily, a mysterious monk called Ramen manages to save four warrior souls from Origami’s call: Hero, Baby, Jazz, and Aros, together are the Jitsu Squad!
- Fight lightning-fast, adrenaline-tingling battles
- 4 playable characters – Turn your warrior into a real legend with the upgrade system and unique secondary weapons that open up new combos
- Slay your enemies in style with 100+ chain-combos, infinite juggles and Epic Super Specials that will make your heart beat faster
- Powerful in-game character transformations will get your blood boiling
- Tons of unique enemies to slay and 8 different planets to save
- Up to 4-player local couch co-op fun
- Team up with a friend in 2-player tag-team mode, where each player can choose up to 2 characters
- Enter the battlefield while blasting original tunes by Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music
- Fighting game input commands provide a nice 90s throwback