Thanks to an Amazon leak, we learned that Avatar: The Last Airbender - Quest for Balance is heading for Switch. There still hasn’t been an official announcement of the game, but enough details were shared that everyone already knows that the listing was legit.
Since the leak, we’ve been waiting for some more official details on what the game will have to offer. In that time, some rumored info has appeared online, which supposedly comes from trustworthy sources. You can see a summary of the details below, but please take them with a grain of salt.
- the game is releasing Nov. 8th, 2022
- the game’s visuals were inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- the game is not open-world
- the story is set after the end of the animated series
- members of the Order of the White Lotus have gotten together for a game of Pai Sho
- the members start telling old war stories to each other
- the events of the end of the Hundred Year War are covered
- the events of the Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series are shared
- Pakku covers Book 1: Water, Bumi covers Book 2: Earth, and Iroh covers Book 3: Fire
- you play through these stories from the start to the end of ATLA
- as their memories are a bit cloudy, you play through alternate histories
- the only playable character known so far is Aang, but there will likely be more