Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden officially announced coming to Nintendo Switch on September 13th
YOKO TARO is back at it again
Square Enix has revealed that the third entry in the Voice of Cards series, Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden will launch on September 13th, 2022, for the Nintendo Switch.
Fans who pre-order/buy the game from now until October 3rd, 2022, will receive the “Iron Avatar” DLC, which unlocks an avatar design with a lustrous iron color, and the “Somber Girl’s Abstract Pattern” DLC, which unlocks a card with the reverse patterned after the back view of the game’s heroine as early purchase rewards.
In addition to the standard edition, you can purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition set, which includes the game and several DLC items styled after NieR Reincarnation (mobile game) including:
- Decoration of Those in the Cage – New costumes for the game’s heroine and her companions
- Handbook Pattern – Card reverse patterned after an expert handbook
- Mama Avatar – Avatar designed patterned after Mama
- Story Collectors’ Dice – Dice patterned after Mother and Carrier
- The Cage Board – Board and accessories patterned after the Cage
- Aid Table – Table patterned after the random draw screen
- Melody of reincarnation – A soundtrack that brings to mind a certain tale of the girl and the monster
- Pixel Art Set – Replaces all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art
About Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden:
The new standalone game is the third entry in the Voice of Cards series. For those late to the party, this unique series of RPGs replicate the feel of a tabletop RPG using the medium of cards.
It’s developed by a talented team, including Creative Director, YOKO TARO (Drakengard series, NieR series), Music Director, Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series) and Character Designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series).
Every aspect of the game, from the characters to the scenery, is portrayed through these cards, making for a beautiful visual aesthetic that’s unique to the Voice of Cards series.
You’re guided through this tactile, tabletop world by a Game Master, who provides narration, guidance… and the occasional witticism.