- play using the Joy-Con or the Pro Controller in docked mode
- split Joy-Con setup seems to be supported for local multiplayer
Here’s another beautiful track from Sonic Mania, which you'll hear each time you go to select a save file. Let its vibrant and sunny rhythm move you into action!
The following comes from a Gamer interview with series producer Takashi Iizuka, as translated by NintendoEverything...
- for Sonic’s 25th anniversary last year, Iizuka received a task to deliver some sort of product
- the target was “dormant fans” who used to play the SEGA Genesis, but haven’t really played any games since
- Iizuka met Christian Whitehead, which lead to the creation of Sonic Mania
- there was talk of another port, but Iizuka thought fans would desire something new from the old games
- this is the first time Iizuka partnered with a team of devs spread across various countries
- Iizuka said this team had a greater passion to create
- this was in comparison to companies that set decisions on a pre-determined schedule (in meetings, etc)
- the team had so many features they still wanted to add after the beta version was complete
- since there were only a few spots with text that needed to be localized, they could bring the game to more places quicker
- the game has Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish support
- the Studiopolis stage is included due to receiving the most requests from the Sonic Mania development team
- Iizuka actually considered reducing the amount of stages at one point in order to meet the development schedule
- Sonic Mania doesn’t really have much in the way of cut content like scrapped stages
- since Sonic Mania was only distributed digitally, the team was able to continue working very close leading up to launch
- this let them put in practically all ideas, and there are currently no plans for DLC
- Iizuka recommended Flying Battery Zone for inclusion becaues he likes the music
- he also likes when the player goes inside and outside the ship
- Iizuka likes Mirage Saloon because the stage structure will be different depending on the player character chosen
- Puyo Puyo gameplay was added because there was a Puyo Puyo game released in the west for the SEGA Genesis
- this game was originally called “Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine”, and the team thought it would make a fun boss battle
- Iizuka didn’t have plans to feature Blue Sphere in the special stages
- the Blue Sphere special stages were brought over to Mania as a test, but ended up staying for the final game
- the team felt the need to continuously connect stages from various eras, which is doe with the Phantom Ruby story
- for Sonic Mania, it was decided that the technological limit would be set at SEGA CD,
- this is higher than the Genesis but lower than Saturn
- in creating a SEGA CD-grade special stage, they would intentionally make SEGA CD-grade polygons
Best Buy will have "limited quantities" of Switch on sale at the Nintendo World Championships 2017 qualifiers
Coming from Best Buy Nintendo World Championships splash page...
Save the date for a qualifier near you and start practicing your Mario Kart 7 skills. Show up and have a blast with game demos, giveaways, and fun surprises. Plus, there will be limited quantities of Nintendo Switch consoles for purchase at these store events.
Head to an event, try to win a spot in the tournament, play some Metroid: Samus Returns and Super Mario Odyssey, purchase a Switch of your own. Sounds like one hell of a fun day to me! Thanks to Anon for the heads up!
Man, am I hyped for this game. It's a unique genre, it has a great look, and it just seems like fun! Hopefully those who go hands-on at Gamescom will come away impressed!
The Nintendo Switch version of WWE 2K18 will support 6 characters onscreen at once.
I honestly don't think that's too big of a deal. Obviously the clarification means the number is higher on other platforms. I could have sworn I saw the mention of 8 characters somewhere, but I think I'm losing my mind. I can't seem to find that mention anywhere else now. Regardless, I personally don't believe the 6-character limit to be all that restrictive.
Our last update explained some of the issues we faced with our various runs through certification. We're happy to share that we've fixed those issues (and a few more that we'd uncovered along the way). We received the glorious nod of APPROVAL from Nintendo and we're now locking in launch dates, store graphics and more!
Will we bring Hive Jump to Switch? We don't yet know. Our next item of business is to get you some physical rewards that we owe ya!