The Bonus Medals you can collect on Remix 10 in Super Mario Run will be multiplied by 1.2 until June 1st, giving you more chances to get special items from the Super Bonus Game, which gives you a better chance to get some of the rare items.
Strong competition means hype high-level commentary! Checkout the list of commentators that will be calling the action of the #SmashBrosUltimate World Championship 2019!— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) May 22, 2019
🗣️@jordanrkent, @ThePhenomenalEE, @SuperGirlKels, @ViciousVishhttps://t.co/xYmEsIdBCy pic.twitter.com/qpSbZGQsrf
Wondering who's going to voice the action at Nintendo's E3 2019 festivities? The official commentary teams for the Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019, Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019, and Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019 have been revealed. Check out the rundown via the tweets above!
The Mario Kart Tour beta is officially underway, which means first screens and gameplay details have come out. Check out the first round of info below.
- played in portrait mode, rather than landscape mode
- Grand Prix cups compromising mostly of tracks from previously released Mario Kart titles
- each cup contains three courses and one mini game
- mirror courses of existing courses are considered new tracks
- each race has two laps
- the number of items each player receives upon hitting an item box is dependent on the stage
- for example, Toad gets 3 items on a Toad course, but only gets 2 in Donkey Kong Jungle
- gliders give you items at the start of the race if they are compatible with a course, and may raise a certain item’s drop rate
- you control with one hand by swiping the screen
- gyro controls are also supported
- drifting, jumping, and karts have returned
- play with others online, but it appears you're racing against ghosts re-enacting what real-life players did (up to 8 players)
- 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc
- character unlocks are a gacha element, and each character has a special item and certain rarity
- to unlock cups, you need to collect stars
- if you run out of hearts, you have to wait for the cup to be “fully constructed” before being able to play it
- rare drivers have advantages during races
- stamina system limits races available on an hourly basis
- confirmed characters include:
- confirmed tracks so far:
SNES Choco Island 2
GCN Dino Dino Jungle
DS Luigi’s Mansion
3DS Toad Circuit
3DS Mario Circuit
David Howard was a custodian at Johnson Primary School in West Tucson for 20 years. The the last 10 of those years, Mr. Howard has been dressing up as Mario. Why dress up as Mario, you ask? Mr. Howard said he did it in order to relate to the kids. He also used the costume as a way to encourage kids to show up to school and work hard. If students followed through and did their best, Mr. Howard would dress as Mario to reward them.
David Howard had his last day at work on May 17th, 2019, retiring after his 20 years of service. Howard didn't disappoint on his final day, dressing up as Mario one last time to say goodbye to students and staff alike. There was even one student who started crying because she had to leave early and thought she'd miss Mario, but Mr. Howard made sure to meet up to say goodbye.
As a final goodbye from his position, family and friends came together in a classroom to celebrate. Of course, David was given a Mario cake for the festivities.
[Events] The latest Weekend Spotlight is now live, and it’s all about Heroines (Princess Peach, Princess Daisy, Pauline, and Toadette). Here’s the items you can get from the Super Bonus game in Remix 10: Peach Topiary (12%), Toadette Topiary (12%); 8-Bit Peach Statue (12%), Peach Statue (10%), Toadette Statue (10%), Daisy Statue (10%), Gold Peach Statue (8%), Gold Toadette Statue (8%), Gold Daisy Statue (8%), Pauline Statue (5%), Peach (Wedding) Statue (5%) (available until May 20th)
Play and create the Super Mario courses you’ve always dreamed of using a bevy of new tools, items and features in Super Mario Maker 2, coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch on 29th June 2019!
A Nintendo Switch stylus will also be available as a pre-order bonus. It’s the perfect tool for sketching out the Super Mario course you’ve always dreamed of in handheld mode!
You can get the Nintendo Switch stylus (Super Mario Maker 2 edition) by pre-ordering Super Mario Maker 2 at selected retail stores.
If you pre-order Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition via Nintendo eShop, you’ll receive a My Nintendo Store code that you can redeem for the Nintendo Switch stylus.
Want to be in with a chance of winning a Nintendo Switch stylus (Super Mario Maker 2 edition)? We’re running a contest on Twitter, giving away ten of them! Simply retweet this contest tweet to be in with a chance of winning one. Entries close on 19th May 2019.
Super Mario Maker 2 is getting a brand new story mode, and the Nintendo Direct gameplay of it is hiding quite a few secrets! So we break it all down in our first Super Mario Maker 2 analysis, including plot details, the castle's construction process, weird discrepancies in the Japanese Direct, and tons more Story Mode secrets! All this and more in our in-depth Super Mario Maker 2 analysis!
Super Mario Maker 2 is the first Mario platformer to feature online multiplayer - while that's quite a breakthrough for the series, fans are concerned whether the game will feature any local multiplayer outside of building. Thanks to a small clip from the Direct and the eShop listing, there still seems to be hope!